Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – April 13th
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any plans?

We could do Prestwich if you like. It has been a while.

nickc

Broken bike 😕

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

What he said^

horridge
    Free Member

Daz was talking about a ride from the White House in Tod. One that stays pretty flat.

gaze
    Free Member

Ainsworth Arms ? At the top of haliwell road in Bolton

Harry_the_Spider

Whatever, I’ve been out of it for a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if anything had been decided.

binners

We don’t do decisions! We do dithering, and procrastination. You of all people should know this.

And in the case of Monday, asking Daz to sit on his bike so we could all watch the big yawning crack open up in his frame!

But….I was in the Buffer Stops in Rawtenstall last night and noted that on top of all the great beers, they also have an array of fresh pies, pasties and sausage rolls.

Just sayin’ 😀

Oh… theres quite a few big hills, and trails and stuff round there too. If anyone’s interested

dazh

For those doing the the Saturday ride on the 18th we’ll be covering all the stuff I was talking about doing on Monday from the Whitehouse so we’d end up doing it twice in one week, so maybe Prestwich would be a better idea?

Been a while since we did Rivi too. San Marino?

tthew

I’ll do my best to get to a Prestwich meet. Rivi is a bit distant for me for a couple of hours riding.

dazh

I reckon Prestwich is a good call then.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i could do either prestwich or rivi.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

and, just saying, but rivi is a 5 minute ride away for me now!

Harry_the_Spider

Let’s do Prestwich then sort out where we are going next over a pint and a pie.

It may be worth saving the “Big Sky” rides for when we have proper daylight.

Church Inn
    8:15
    Bring money for beer

…and introducing Rule #2. No teabagging the Airblade.

binners

More rules? Its getting like the bloody Masons round here!

Harry_the_Spider

At the request of the manager of The Wine Press.

Ever wonder why he turns the lights off and pretends to be closed?

scaled
    Free Member

Daz, San Marino is a bloody suicide run at the moment, about 3/4 of the way down the ruts are about a foot deep. We did it on Sunday and there were walkers everywhere, that probably saved my bacon! 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Did San Marino last night and didnt particularly enjoy it. What he says… ^^^

Bregante

Did San Marino last night and didnt particularly enjoy it. What he says… ^^^

I on the other hand, bloody loved it!!!!

Use caution though, there are low flying deer crossing on the bottom section 😯

It was almost EXACTLY like this (only with more mud, more trees, less Antelope and more deer – and it didn’t actually hit us)

[video]https://youtu.be/S2oymHHyV1M[/video]

Prestwich suits me.

brennak

Prestwich could be OK for my return to the MNPR I should be able to keep Binners company

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Not really surprising but I will not be there. Thanks for the two offers of a loan bike but after forking out for a new roof, I can’t risk having to pay if I break someone’s bike.

Bregante

Any update on the warranty claim pal?

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Chain Reaction have sent it off to Kona. Could be a couple of days before I hear anything.

Junkyard
    Free Member

were you the four we had a chat to last night at the top of San Marino by the gate?

We had just climbed up and we warned you of the impending doom

Bregante

Junky. No not us. We did speak to a bloke on a black and yellow zesty at the top but he was on his own. I thought it was brill (in a seat of your pants sort of way)

Besides, we’ve met.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am shit with names at the best of times but i do remember faces 😳

Bregante

🙂

Coincidentally, the bloke we spoke to at the gate was convinced he knew me from somewhere. He didn’t.

duncancallum

Offers on for the loan still.

Can do prestwich. Me n baz can offer rivvy guidance when ever the need arises

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Good news regarding my frame. They are sending me a 2013 Abracadabra (mine was a 2011 Cadabra) It should be here in a few days 😀

Chain Reaction have been spot on dealing with it, as Russ said they would be.

tthew

Result!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyoRzZrF00[/video]

Bregante

Excellent

nickc

Fantastic news on the frame!!

I’ve taken matters into my own hands as well, and ordered a Bfe (was looking a new bikes anyway).

binners

Great news on the frame Daz!

And nobody ever forgets meeting JY…..

😀

Harry_the_Spider

Not sure if I’ll make it tomorrow. My Rochdale Ebola™ is now at the coughing up green slime stage, with a side order of muscle cramps in my legs.

Bregante

😯

Who will lead us?

Harry_the_Spider

You will have to venture off into the wilderness on your own my son.

I may be OK. But 60 minutes of running round Queen’s Park BMX track after my kids has all but crippled me.

Bregante

If we send out a special signal into the night sky, maybe, just maybe the special one could grace us with his presence and impart some of his wisdom upon us…

Failing that I reckon a pre-ride chilli pork pie would sort you out.

Bregante

Well it looks like its going to be a lovely evening.

Who’s having it then?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes – I will be there tonight!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Unlikely 🙁

binners

I’m in! BOOM!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – April 13th’ is closed to new replies.