Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Monday night pub ride?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any plans?

We could do Prestwich if nobody has any better ideas.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

There was (very) brief talk about doing a ride from the Chetham Arms at Chapletown this week which i would happily lead – from the back obviously!

Happy to do Prestwich though if you like?

Harry_the_Spider

Not fussed. Prestwich is Plan B in the event of there being no Plan A. However, if you have a Plan A then we don’t need Plan B.

Let’s do Plan A.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ok so 8.15 blast off from The Chetham Arms – BL7 0EW

Bring beer money and lights. Usual rules apply…

I think it will probably be a repeat of a ride we did a few years ago with Mr sparkle, except perhaps without the sandwiches that he put on for his birthday!

Compare to recent rides there wont be too much climbing this week.

binners

I’m in. Or I should be. I’ll be tentatively easing my bruised, battered and decrepit frame back into the saddle on Saturday, so barring another involuntary attempt to kill myself, I’ll be there. Will there be pies?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I dont think they do pies although i might put some thought into the situation.

Generally good beer though plus they have a hose pipe round the back for washing the dust off the bikes.

Probably best to bring a bike lock for whilst we have a beer and they are round the back…

dazh

WW what was it you were saying last week about the weather being shit and no one turning up on rides you organise? 🙂

Getting my excuses in early, the headset on my only functioning mountain bike is knackered so unless I can fix up one of the other bikes over the weekend I probably won’t be out for this one.

Bregante

It’s only a bit of water…

😯

I’m in.

duncancallum

I’m in.

No e bike binners….

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m up for it as well.

Baza

binners

I’ll be under my own steam again this week Dunc….

Harry_the_Spider

Lights charged. Working on my enthusiasm now, but I don’t know where to plug the lead in.

binners

Forecast looks good for tomorrow. If I attach a mast and a sail to the bike it could have the same effect on the climbs as the e-bike. And then some kind of hull for the descents

duncancallum

Get one of these binners.

Also searching on Bing for big rocket gifs bring up some unexpected educational mini movies

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Heavy rain and warnings for high winds for tomorrow evening. Sounds fun.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ok – inevitably today will see a flurry of cry off’s, most likely from about 2pm when the weather is forecast to get worse!

Tonight looks like being wet and windy with some fairly big gusts.

The route i have planned is fairly low level, no big hills but if it rains then it will be quite wet (puddly) on the ground.

So who is coming? 😀

binners

I note the weather is presently mocking us. Its lovely out there at the moment. Pity the forecast for later, when we’re actually riding is…..

dazh

Waiting on a massive box of bike parts to arrive to cure my ailing bikes so sitting this one out. I’ll have to console myself with a rainy road ride with a PR/KOM destroying tailwind instead 🙂

binners

Well….

a) Next doors dog has eaten my bike
    b) I’ve just remembered I’ve got to go and get my nails done, as its the only appointment I could get this week
    c) I’m not going out there in this. Its June FFS!!!!!! Its indistinguishable from January! And its just getting started. Pfft!!

Take your pick

Susan x

scaled
    Free Member

oooer, it looks a bit manky out there

nickc

For once, I’m not so unhappy about the amount of work I’ve got to do this evening…

dazh

I’m not going out there in this. Its June FFS!!!!!! Its indistinguishable from January!

I’m wondering if my plan to ride over Blackstone Edge on the way home is very sensible 😯

duncancallum

I’m still in just. I’m on BlackBerry lemsip.

It’s the fuel of the future…..

Bregante

I’m oot.

A combination of a 12 hr shift, this inglorious weather and anti-clockwise M60 closures from 10 pm have curbed my already waning enthusiasm.

Arse.

gaze
    Free Member

Both of my bikes are dirty ,I’am out too

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Stuff that. I’m bailing to the gym instead.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Blimey! Remind me just when this stopped being a hardcore extreme sport….?!

Oh yes, whenever the sun goes in… 😀

Bregante

Do let us know how the ride goes Craig 😉

binners

I’m in the pub. The rain absolutely lashing against the window is relentlessly assuring me I made the right decision

Have fun! 🙂

dazh

Well that was probably the wettest and fastest ride home I’ve done yet. Fair play if anyone goes out in that on a mountain bike, it’s bloody mental out there. 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

I wanted cake. I didn’t want to leave the house for cake. I still want cake. I’m not going outside in that, let alone on a bike.

duncancallum

Cheers Craig. Superb if slightly moist ride.

In the words of Mary berry I’ve a soggy bottom

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I guess its like people involved in wars. Its horrible in one way but in another, survival brings out many euphoric feelings that unite and leave an indelible memory.

So that was MNPR 01.06.15. 3 of us out. If Baz and Duncan hadnt turned up then i had my exit strategy planned and a couple of pints in the boozer lined up. As it was i was wet before i reached the Chetham and i found them hiding in a van at the far end of a secluded car park. Bastards.

But then, we got wet. And we couldn’t get wetter. And it was good, in fact it was great. The rain and wind were persistent but we were largely sheltered and it was a fast and flowing ride. Thanks to Daz’s absence we were mechanicals free too!

1st June FFS and you should have seen the rivers. In flood and carrying logs and debris. Totally unrideable (cue later video sharing from Baz…).

Anyway a couple of pints of Black Witch in the Chetham allowed us to pool our waters on his floor before setting off home – although not before a heart in mouth moment when my bike had disappeared. It soon reappeared when i looked in the place that i had actually left it!

The ride home was epic. Chose the moors rather than the road and the rain was biblical. No really, not a Binners Biblical but really biblical. To give you an idea how bad it was, I waddled into the kitchen and my missus had a brew and a whiskey waiting for me! Unheard of.

Loved it and buzzing now!

Strava

More Strava

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I was going to ask to which Daz are you referring to? but it could be either of us.

Bregante

Good effort in last nights conditions you three!

Bregante

Just occasionally I will admit to feeling a small amount of guilt/regret if I don’t make it out for a ride whatever the weather.

This was not one of those occasions.

brennak

I doth my cap to fearless 3 8) after a soaking walking the dogs I couldn’t face another one in the forecasted deluge not even for Black Wytch. If any of you need to make up for last night the Halifax sailing club MTB challenge is on this coming Sunday which I’ll be marking out on Saturday and sweeping up on Sunday all welcome plenty of cakes. The forecast looks good.

binners

You’re out of your minds, going out riding in that last night! There’s were rivers flowing down our road, where the drains had admitted defeat. The moors will have returned to a quagmire again, no doubt.

And just to add insult to injury it’s clear blue skies out there again this morning. Typical!

Me and Daz are riding Thursday night if anyone fancies it?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Signed up to the Sir Bradley 1-Hour Challenge on Strava and am dedicating last nights ride to the great man. I think i more than earned my likkle digital badge!

dazh

Think I might be up for the Halifax Sailing club thing. Kev are there places available on the day?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Monday night pub ride?’ is closed to new replies.