Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any ideas?

I can come up with a route out of Prestwich but if anybody wants to step in with an alternative they are welcome.

The weather actually looks pretty good too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I could do Rivvy if that is not too far to travel??

see if you get a better offer etc

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m off down to weybridge for more training course stuff next week so i don’t think i can attend. again.

philbert31
    Free Member

If you’re doing rivi, I should be able to have a mooch! What time would kick off be?

binners

I’ve not actually done Rivvy for a while. And the prospect of seeing JY flick his hair about like a L’oreal advert, on top of Winter Hill… well…. I think we know we’re all worth it! 😉

Edenfield has also been suggested for some time soon. A few of us had a great run from the Coach and Horses, up for a loop of Cragg Quarry, then down from the turbines to Owd Betts

Harry_the_Spider

Shall we have Rivvy then?

Junky, name your pub!

8:15 blast off.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I can probably make Rivi on Monday too.

Just need to see how my right big toe feels over the weekend (pretty sure I’ve broken it on last night’s Hebden step fest)
    I guess that’s a “tentative” from me then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junky, name your pub!

You have not been reading the when were you last drunk thread then.
    Flounces whilst swooshing his hair in an alluring manner in Binners general direction
    What is the priority here people food quality, beer quality or parking near the trails?

Bregante

Beer. It’s always the beer.

terrahawk
    Free Member

chips. make sure there are free chips.

binners

All the above

wors

Hmm, i might make the effort to attend this one 😀

Pub? Bank Top Tap, no chips (but there’s a chippy across the street) nowhere near rivvy but it’s near my house and i can roll home from there, hic 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Pubs not that obvious for Rivvy. The Yew Tree isnt that far away, nor the Black Dog at Belmont. Possibly the best option would be the Bob Smithy???

I’d be fine without beer and chips – just this once!

Bregante

Possible solution?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Brilliant solution! Bregante will bring refreshments with him – for all of us!

justme
    Free Member

According to lord lowey the Belmont bull is the pub of choice for beer – he seems to have been ratarsed in there enough times g

Bregante

even as I was typing it I predicted somebody would respond with that.

I feel a cold coming on….

*sniffle

Harry_the_Spider

Any ideas on a meeting point?

binners

The Belmont Bull would make sense, then we could finish with the San Marino

Junkyard
    Free Member

Apart from the fact it adds 16 miles to my ride yes it would be perfect.
    T’other side of the hill is best for me as that is side I live.
    Yew Tree???
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=361754&y=415426&z=115&sv=361754,415426&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=632&ax=361754&ay=415426&lm=0
    Happy to just meet you all if Bull is the consensus view. I am not keen on a 30 + mile ride as I am riding the day before and the day after as well.

PS if you start there as punishment we will ride up San Marino – you have been warned Binners! Sub 10 mins is the Strava record time gate to gate 😯

Harry_the_Spider

OK. It makes sense.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure if serious so HtS I elect you in charge of making a decision as to where it starts
    Plenty of folk will know there way around well enough to guide and I can meet up top if Bull is the choice

wittonweavers
    Free Member

TBH although i have ridden Rivington many times, i’m looking forward to doing it with people who will inevitably do it differently to me, using sneaky cut through’s and trails i havent been on before etc.

Whilst it suits me to meet at the Belmont side, it doesn’t really make that much sense wasting so much of the ride, riding over from Belmont. Why don’t we either meet at the Yew Tree or maybe meet at the Lower Barn and take a hip flask / couple of tinnies and have a drink at the pike (or somewhere similar)?

Junkyard
    Free Member

OH FFS he thinks i am going to be helpful and knowledgeable now

Harry_the_Spider

Yew Tree. PR6 9HA

8:15.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bring real MTB’s please unless you have some serious skills to back up your cross credentials 😉

philbert31
    Free Member

Should defo be there!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bump see HtS post above for location and time

Harry_the_Spider

Who’s playing out then?

1. Junkyard
    2. Me

philbert31
    Free Member

Me

binners

Can’t make it tonight now chaps, unfortunately. I only ride when its absolutely bucketing down

There is a Rammy contingent heading over though

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sadly I havent been able to get hold of any new brake pads without resorting to the internet and they havent come – so i’ll have to give this one a miss too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What pads and I can lend you a brake is easier

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

OK, I’m in.
    Broken toe seemed OK on a quick circuit of Guild Wheel yesterday so I’m going to risk it offroad.

Route suggestion:
    From there we could do a circuit North around Healey Nab and Wheelton Plantation, with some cheeky lakeside stuff along the way.

wittonweavers: what pads do you need?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I need Formula RX’s.

The time before last, i found a decent selection in Evans’ so i could choose compound etc and also between cheap and expensive. Last time i needed some they only had expensive ones whilst this time i’m struggling to get them locally. Plenty on the internet as you would expect.

I do have a set of ‘genuine’ RX pads that i bought off the internet that are supposedly RX pads but I am struggling to insert them in the gap on the brake. I’m reluctant to force it home for fear of not being able to get it out again!

Thanks for the offers of pads but i have already said to Mrs WW that i’ll give it a miss and she’s cooking tea so an about turn now might not be the best idea!

Have a good one and make the most of the warmer temperatures!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Update – decided to force the issue and all seems ok!

Me plus 1 will be over there for 8.15.

Bregante

In.

Harry_the_Spider

Good run fellas!

When Binners hears about the “entertainment” in the pub he’ll be gutted. 😳

Strava

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aye he will be devastated to have missed that aspect of the ride

Nice ride all good to meet you all again

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Enjoyed that tonight! Thanks fellas!

Special thanks to Junkyard and Ecky-Thump for sorting the route out. If we head over to Edenfield next week then someone will be hard pressed to top tonight’s post ride entertainment!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride.’ is closed to new replies.