Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride 2nd Sept. Chetham Arms, Chapeltown
  • mr-potatohead
    Free Member

right Rammy contingent ,I sould be ok ,so hare and hounds it is, unless you fancy going over moor bottom road

Bregante

Cheers Mr Sparkle. Rather enjoyed that. Hope you had a few beers to celebrate your birthday.

Same time next week all?

tanglewood
    Free Member

Thanks Mr Sparkle, great ride again, see you next time.

binners

Great night tonight chaps! As always! Happy birthday Mr Sparkle!

Bregante

A few people on the ride asked about my new cheapo Chinese lights, so I may as well ad a link here. First time out but well impressed for less than £30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Bright-CREE-2X-XML-U2-LED-Bicycle-Bike-Light-Set-Red-Black-5000-Lumen-T6-/130941337921?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1e7cb64141

MrSparkle

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Apologies to those who went AWOL, mea culpa, but I hope everyone enjoyed it. Big thanks to Wittonweavers for acting as Tail end Charlie, Sefton for sorting Donk out with a qr, Chipps and Clover for coming all the way over, big respect to the Rammy mob for riding over and back again after and everyone for their good company.
    Oh, and ta very much to the Chetham Arms for putting the sandwiches on. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

Oi! I rode over and back again. Further. So nerr

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Another very enjoyable Monday night pub ride! Thanks for organising it Mr Sparkle – have a good birthday tomorrow!

D0NK

aye good ride MrS cheers for that and thanks sefton for the loan of the QR.

Anyone strava/endomondo/whatever the route? I’m after mileage, I might be able to figure out the route, dunno tho.

binners

Donk – That Strava

I got 21 miles including our ride from Rammy.

Did anyone make it round without borrowing or lending out a QR, power link, front or back light or batteries? And we won’t mention the editor of a certain mountain bike magazine, and rumoured to have the largest collection of Camelbak’s on the planet, turning up having forgotten his 😉

D0NK

Yep I’ve memory mapped it, says 11miles same as strava.

I’d assumed chipps was just being minimalist 🙂

MrSparkle

My Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/79585626

Jase – I expect you to ride there, do the ride and then go home via the MTL … and the Strathpuffer course! 😉

Clover

That was ace. Thanks!

Despite strava feed I still have no idea where I was at any point. In the lost kingdom to the west of Yorkshire. where even strava puts dragons on the map.

Anyway, must have been good as my legs were a bit broken by the time I got to work this morning.

Happy Birthday MrSparkle!

jaqsobo
    Free Member

Great night!!

Now realise the only thing I forgot was mossie repellent..have about 30 bites which are just starting itch :-/

Just incase there was not enough fettling Budge’s back wheel exploded on the way back to Rammy as the chain burst, cracking the spoke so hard it broke and fired up into the rim, and all the tubelss liquid shot out! Cripes!

Big cheers to Mr Sparkle’s organisation and special mention for the ace cheese sandwiches 🙂

footstomper
    Free Member

Looked like it was a good night Simon will try and get on the next one 🙂

MrSparkle

Hi Mark. They always seem to be a good do. I’m thinking of organising another one, maybe in October, in the Lost Kingdom of Darwen again.

Anyway, here’s a pic of some people with scary eyes, from last night.

lowey

Sounds like you lot had a cracker. I was being dragged round the Trafford Centre by two teenage girls.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride 2nd Sept. Chetham Arms, Chapeltown’ is closed to new replies.