• This topic has 38 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 26th September
  • dazh

HtS is having his karate skills judged next week I believe (wax-on, wax-off Harry, remember that and you’ll be fine!) so it falls to some other sucker to keep this show on the road.

so…

The White House
    Littlebrough
    OL15 0LG

8.15pm kick-off

Bring money for beer, and an ability to ride 3-inch wide rutted singletrack without falling off. And for anyone allergic to hills, as long as the weather plays nice, the route will have no more than 50m of climbing on it.

terrahawk
    Free Member

50m? 50 million what? feet? Metres? Fathoms?

scaled
    Free Member

I’m not saying I don’t trust you Daz, but how many times will we be going up this 50m of climbing?

dazh

Honestly, there’s no more than 50 metres of climbing on this route in total. There’s also a novelty ‘who can ride across the pipe without falling into the bog’ challenge which we can get on camera 🙂

Bregante

Speaking of falling off, if my leg hasn’t done so by Monday, I’ll be there – could you do me a favour and do the route on Sunday and clear it of flesh eating creepy crawlies?

mintimperial

I hope you’ve not booked the 500mph crosswinds this time. I’m off to a really interesting trade show that day, but provided I can get back up the M1 in time I’m in.

Harry_the_Spider

Have fun. Can’t be doing with 3″ rut riding anyway, I’m more of a swoopy-bermy type of guy.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIKP1zK94sY[/video]

gixer71109
    Free Member

I know that pipe Daz been tempted but not done it yet

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m in but as soon as I’ve done 50m climbing, I’m bailing.

brennak

Just done a reconnoitre round the res’s via Mordor, winds about 499.9 mph, the problem wasn’t staying in the 3″ rut, but staying on the moor. Gave riding the pipe a miss, but all in all its running good though overgrown and a mud bath round the pipe and the usual way through a 2ft deep hole has appeared so be careful.

Bregante

I’m 50-50 at best. The cellulitis seems to have left behind some fluey side effects but if I can get there I will. It’ll be the last chance to get out until November for me..

binners

I’m in….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LACUnm]MNPR-White-House-edition[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Harry_the_Spider

That is excellent.

horridge
    Free Member

I’m in. Am I still okay for a test ride Daz or have the mechanic goblins hit?

gixer71109
    Free Member

I should be OK

dazh

Yeah Steve just bring some pedals, although I’ll warn you I’ve not cleaned it, other than that it’s working fine. 🙂

I think a change of the intended route might be on the cards given the bloody weather forecast, otherwise we’ll be digging bikes out of the peat all night. That means there will be slightly more than 50m of climbing I’m afraid.

horridge
    Free Member

Cheers Daz. I like them dirty. Bring on the hills.

dazh

Bring on the hills.

Did I warn you about the gearing on the solaris?

horridge
    Free Member

As long as it’s not single speed.

dazh

As long as it’s not single speed.

Not at all, the front ring is still marginally smaller than the biggest on the back 🙂

Who’s having it then? Obviously the weather forecast is sub-optimal, but it’s improved from yesterday so there’s no excuse. Look at it as an exercise in embracing the coming winter and setting down an early precedent to defend our reputation as hard northerners.

The original route is probably a no-goer unless we want to be knee deep in liquidised peat so we’ll be sampling some of the finest Calderdale Pave on the PBW.

binners

mikerigby

The house is on the market with viewings booked in for tomorrow so my to do list is not shrinking as fast as I would like. With regret it looks like I’m going to miss out tonight. Defo be out next week.

dazh

You sure binners? It’s not looking too bad out there. It’s not even windy.

binners

Whereabouts are you. Its been absolutely heaving it down since this morning here, and it doesn’t look like stopping any time soon. I can’t actually see the other side of the valley. Sods law dictates that the forecast is ok for the rest of the week, after tonight.

Wednesday night pub ride anyone?

Bregante

Me too regrettably.

Them zombie flesh eating bugs down at Prestwich have left me properly knackered.

dazh

Whereabouts are you.

In sunny Manc. Brightening up a bit here.

To be fair whenever I lead a ride it’s absolutely nailed on to be as miserable as it could possibly be. Especially at the White House, where we’ve had 70mph winds, snow, sleet, hail and god knows what else.

I’m still on though if anyone else is, just for the sheer pig-headedness of it. I’m determined the bloody weather’s not defeating me this winter.

stwhannah

Looked out the window and there’s a large grey cloud currently sitting on our destination for the evening. But I’m still in. Have done battle with tyres today specially for the occasion. See you later.

dazh

Nice one. That’s 3 of us at least 🙂

horridge
    Free Member

Looks like 4 if Baz is still out.

mintimperial

I’m still in. Fresh mud, proper weather, setting off in the dark on a dazh special guaranteed to end on an uphill? Sounds ace! 😀

gixer71109
    Free Member

Yep I’m still out

gixer71109
    Free Member

That’s out as in still riding !

cdoc
    Free Member

Just got back from up there. It’s bloody lovely out. Not too cold, perfect consistency of mud, minimal wind, thoroughly enjoyable!
    Have a nice ride everyone.

stwhannah

Got here a bit early. It’s too wet and foul out there to get out the car and check if I’m surrounded by Mnpr riders or doggers.

stwhannah

Well that was quite wet. Good fun though. Bloody pub was closed again. Thanks Daz!

dazh

Well that was character building. My talk about setting a precedent earlier was quite prophetic, if we get a wetter ride this winter I’ll be very surprised. How we got a whole 5 people out in those sort of conditions is a mystery.

horridge
    Free Member

Having to turn up because you were being lent a bike helps. Maybe it’s the future in keeping numbers up. Thanks again Daz.

gixer71109
    Free Member

Yea cheers Daz need to drag bike out later to see which bearings need replacing.

dazh

If only I had that many bikes! My trainers are still wet this morning after wearing them on the way home last night. At the end it was like riding through the middle of a car wash.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 26th September’ is closed to new replies.