Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – September 22nd – Brighouse
  • woody2000

8 for 8.15 blast off @

Red Rooster
    123 Elland Road
    Brookfoot
    Brighouse
    HD6 2QR

Maps link:

http://bit.ly/1syUSlt

Pub serves good beer and is bike friendly, you can get some snacks but there’s no chips or owt like that. They’re happy for you to order a “take in” if you really want some grub. There’s parking at the pub or you can park just over the road (but don’t go into the barriered car park, just on the road)

Ride is 12 miles or thereabouts, 3 climbs + descents, optional 4th climb for an extra descent if you’ve not had enough (worth doing!)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m just inviting someone else… Ben – you up for this?

woody2000

See you later all being well. I think there’ll be a few of us, my plan is to drag my usual Monday night crew round a short loop from 7-8 then swing back to the Rooster to pick you “lot” up 🙂

Cheers

bestvetsarah

I’m local today, might see you there!

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Should still be there, assuming I can change the bearings in my rear wheel beforehand. I’ll be on a grey Cotic BFe btw. Looking forward to meeting some new faces.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

is this a regular thing Woody? I really enjoyed riding with you lads few year ago, some excellent natural stuff over there, may have to bob over for a ride sometime.

woody2000

Mick – there’s still the regular 7pm ride from the Ritz, all welcome 🙂

This is just a one off really, in the spirit of being semi-social 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dry conditions rear tyre any good or change?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dry tyres were fine! Also,I didn’t miss the train
    Result!

Laters, taters 🙂

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Properly enjoyed that. Cheers fellas. I’ll try and make it down again for sure.

woody2000

Glad you enjoyed it chaps. Sorry it was a bit chaotic at times, the natives are not used to seeing strangers and I think it spooked them 🙂

Hopefully dry tyres will be ok for a while yet!

The Old Slug Porter was mighty fine, could have probably done without the last pint though…….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – September 22nd – Brighouse’ is closed to new replies.