Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – September 15th – Littleborough
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press
    Hollingworth Lake
    OL15 0AZ
    8:15 blast off
    Bring beer money

We’ll do the route that isn’t “The Mordor Traverse”.

Maybe, if we’re feeling masochistic, we can finish off with The Col du Gran Batard.

Strava from last time we did it.

http://www.strava.com/activities/154418005

binners

I’m in! Who could resist the Col du Gran Batard

Harry_the_Spider

Like a bell-end I posted the Strava link to the one that is The Mordor Traverse.

Here is the one that isn’t.

http://www.strava.com/activities/157321005

dazh

No excuses this time so I’m in.

mintimperial

Yay, pretty sure I can make this one, excellent.

Bregante

In.

and binners, that’s awesome!

woody2000

Do you fancy a ride down my neck of the woods on Mon 22nd? Brighouse, 5 mins from J26 of the M62. Got a nice little “best of” local ride that takes in all the good stuff in the local woods. And there’s a nice little boozer for afterwards 🙂

binners

I’d be up for that if I can find my passport 😀

woody2000

Just pack yourselves into the back of a Fagan & Whalley wagon immigrant style and dive out when he’s close 😉

Pencil it in if you like……

8 for 8.15 blast off @

Red Rooster
    123 Elland Road
    Brookfoot
    Brighouse
    HD6 2QR

Maps link:

http://bit.ly/1syUSlt

Pub serves good beer and is bike friendly, you can get some snacks but there’s no chips or owt like that. Ride is 12 miles or thereabouts, 3 climbs + descents, optional 4th climb for an extra descent if you’ve not had enough 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll give it a miss. I couldn’t get there in time and it is a 70 mile round trip on a school night.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yo yo.

Could well be in this one, just need to fix my chain.

Which I broke in two places.

Uhh, yeah.

Brighouse too the week after – really ought to be done I think.

Peas and love, Sam.

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone else for this evening?

binners

I’m in fella. But the rest of the Rammy contingent are in a sorry state of disarray. So its just me. If no-one else is, we could do local then go to the pub.

Weathers clearing up nicely too 😀

Harry_the_Spider

There should be a few others out. Littleborough usually attracts a big-ish crowd if only to watch the likes of me, you and Russ stubbing ourselves out head first in the dirt.

scaled
    Free Member

If I can shake off this hangover I’ll be there but will be slow as anything after Gisburn yesterday

mintimperial

I’m still on for this! Littleborough is nice and easy to get to for me.

I think I can do woody2000’s Brighouse jaunt next week too.

By the way if you lot ever fancy a Marsden based ride I’d be happy to host. We have a nice pub or two and we’re only *just* over the border…

dazh

I’m still in. Currently trying to shake off a terrible case of ‘can’t be arsed-ness’ so I’ll be forcing myself to get out. *tries not to look out the window at increasingly-darkening skies*

Bregante

still very much in!

stcolin
    Free Member

Still on for this. I’m on a yellow Nukeproof and most likely a blue jacket.

See yous later

binners

Bregante – What’ve you done to Lee, you monster? Rumour has it you killed his legs to death with an enormous road ride yesterday?

Afraid I’m not going to make it tonight chaps. I’d forgotten about some tinkering with my usual set-in-stone weekly routine. Though it doesn’t involve acid Zumba. Nice night for it too!

Bregante

It was all his fault binners for refusing to ride his bling bike down a slightly gravelly path. The detour made a planned 60 mile pootle somewhat longer 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Bregante

Nice run tonight chaps. Cracking pace too. Especially the flat out lap of the lake -infinitely preferable to le Col du Gran Batard 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Just put the bike away now. An alarming cocktail of cow shit, frogs and slugs plastered to the down tube. Heston Blunderbuss would probably make a soup out of it.

MadBillMcMad

We are riding from Hollingworth Lake tonight.

Just looking at that strava link, I have never ridden south from the White House along Blackstone Edge & Clegg Moor.

What’s it like ?

Bregante

If you mean the bit on strava referred to as the Mordor Traverse, it’s a fairly flat/undulating fast rocky section for the first two thirds and then it drops rapidly. Loads of line choices, most of which are pretty technical. Best done before its properly dark imo.

scaled
    Free Member

Looking at strava, there’s a new King in Mordor…

mintimperial

Cheers for a cracking ride yesterday chaps, nice to see some new stuff in an area I thought I knew pretty well. Have to say the car smelt a bit ripe this morning though.

Oh and sorry again for chucking your shiny new bike on the floor Bregante… 😳

Bregante

HtS was only kidding when he said it was new! 😆

jonjones262
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but you’re all local.

Anyone know any Karate schools in Bolton area that have had kit nicked?

I was up at San Marino last night and found a load of brand new Karate belts behind the wall at the bottom. I forgot to grab them when I left so they might still be there.

if anyone wants to do a good deed, I can point you to where they are.

dazh

I can testify to the somewhat higher pace than normal. I was wasted by the time I got home, although that might have been down to the pint before and after the ride. And yes, Mordor is indeed a brilliant bit of trail, but then again I’m biased 😉

stcolin
    Free Member

Yes agreed, great spin and a decent pace. Would like to ride that loop during the day sometime.

Bregante

St Colin there are many more add ons you can do to extend that route to a belting 18-20 mile day ride….if anyone fancies it sometime.

And mordor has become far too popular. I’ve been knocked off my 5th place spot and am now languishing in 9th!! 😳

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Maybe I’m some way to earning my nickname after all 🙂

dazh

Interestingly, on my ride across the top on the way to Mordor last night I did a brilliant bit of singletrack behind the white house between Whiteholme and Blackstone Edge reservoirs which could easily be used to extend the normal White House – Mordor ride we do from Hollingworth.

Harry_the_Spider

Jon, are you living in a tent at the bottom of San Marino?

Other rides are available if you want to join us again.

dazh

Given all the dogging action going on around there are we sure it’s the San Marino downhill that is the real attraction?

mcnultycop

Which bit up there is Mordor?

jonjones262
    Free Member

ha ha!! I’m setting up my full suss bike….honest!! 🙂

I don’t get to ride the big bike much so it’s a good chance to go somewhere with a decent DH run.

Plus the 25 minute walk up for 3 mins down is soooo much fun….

(I might have become addicted to trying to get a good Strava time….)

I’ll try and get out on your rides in a few weeks.

Doing San Marino next Monday afternoon and then off to Gisburn forest the following Monday.
    will be free after that

dazh
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – September 15th – Littleborough’ is closed to new replies.