Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – Ramsbottom Edition
  • binners

It is indeed back open again and moving freely. Unlike me, up the Rake later!

See you all in a bit!

Harry_the_Spider

I need some photos tonight.

I have a Monday Night Pub Ride blog post that lacks pictures.

binners

Cracking run tonight folks! Thanks for coming over. The last descent through Bucky woods was … Erm… Interesting! Bit slippier than anticipated. So apologies to those without lights. Probably a bit ambitious.

Clover

Thanks for that! Great loop, gorgeous sunset.

Although a sweeper through Bucky woods might have been a good idea – I thought I was going to spend the night there at one point… 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff, again!

Could have done without Buckden Woods sans lights though 😉

Strava

Harry_the_Spider

Forming a plan for next week…

Cross country route from The Church Inn, but giving Philips a miss.

We’ll head out towards Moses Gate then come back over Prestolee Road and a cheeky bit that brings us out in Clifton, then finish off with the Clifton Cheekies, Waterdale, The Grave Yard and a pint.

Some climbing, but nothing that will blow you inside out.

Bring lights, just in case.

…and beer money.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

oddly enough, i quite enjoyed bucky woods (but then again i enjoy riding rocky peak district trails, plus i had a decent light which made a massive difference). struggled with my (lack of) fitness and strength fighting over the peaty moorland which left me in a bit of a foul mood, so apologies for being somewhat pissy when we ended up totally lost after emerging from the woods and not being able to spot where everyone had gone.

binners

To be fair to you mate, the climb up to bull hill is a boggy slog at the best of times. And you were on a mahoosive full boinger.

And Bucky Woods was maybe a step too far. With hindsight I should have taken us through Grant Woods earlier on. 😳

Harry_the_Spider

Bull Hill was worth it for the view from the top alone. IIRC Andrew said something rather profound… but I’m ####ed if i can remember what it was.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it was something about how most people that we know will never ever see that view that we had up on top.

Harry_the_Spider

That was it. You were getting all poetic whilst i was sucking bits of Haribo out from between my back teeth.

quarryman77
    Free Member

Bull hill rideout by Quarryman77, on Flickr

Harcles hill by Quarryman77, on Flickr

Great fun!

Bunnyhop

My word STWers actual riding bikes, whatever next 😉

Glad you all had a good time.

Harry_the_Spider
    lord
    Free Member

i might have gone past you last night up by peel tower , i was on a cx bike , 😳

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if you said something about it being easier with suspension, then yes you did!

lord
    Free Member

🙂 yep

binners

Another piccy from the top of Bull Hill. Haribo break

Top of bull hill Haribo break! by binlidski, on Flickr

Harry_the_Spider

Why is Andrew (xherbivorex) stood in a hole with a light bulb in his mouth?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i was testing it to see if it worked, obviously.

binners

I thought it was a piece of conceptual performance art

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – Ramsbottom Edition’ is closed to new replies.