• This topic has 51 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – October 6th
  • Harry_the_Spider

I can’t play out next week, so what are you lot up to?

Attached is a copy of the “Organisation Template Rev.0/2014 edition”

<insert pub name>
    <insert time>
    Bring beer money

dazh

Was there a plan discussed on Monday? I think everyone was too busy stuffing their faces with pork pies.

If there’s no existing plan, I can put something together round Tod if anyone fancies it. As long as people don’t mind a bit* of climbing.

*might be a understatement.

nach
    Free Member

I’m up for a bit* of climbing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bregante

I predict that I’ll be nursing work inflicted bruises from a day of being thrown around by an overenthusiastic 25 yr old who thinks he has something to prove.

So put me down as a maybe.

dazh

I predict that I’ll be nursing work inflicted bruises from a day of being thrown around by an overenthusiastic 25 yr old who thinks he has something to prove.

Play dirty and fight like a girl. Eye poking, biting, ball squeezing, hair pulling etc. That’ll show ’em.

So have the powers-that-be got any better ideas or are we ok for Tod? I don’t want to cause any trouble like a couple of weeks ago. 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Cant guarantee being out on Monday but it sounds like a good shout. I will be there if i can…

jonjones262
    Free Member

All come down to Derby for a Monday night ride down here 🙂

Black Rocks, Ambergate, Crich etc.

Bregante

You’re spoiling us.

Can we not all just ride one of them repeatedly for a month? 😀

dazh

Right, no one’s objected (yet) or come up with any better ideas so I propose:

Mason’s Arms, Todmorden OL14 7PN

8.15pm

Bring Beer Money, and a bike with a low gear.

As for the route, I reckon we go up Todmorden Moor, Down into Cornholme, up the other side, down again then back over to the Masons via Dobroyd. We can make it up as we go along though…

Harry_the_Spider

Cornholme

?

dazh

Yes it is a bit closer to Burnley than I would like but we’ll have safety in numbers hopefully. I’ll stick an old Thompson seatpost in my pack in case we have any trouble.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ll stick an old Thompson seatpost in my pack in case we have any trouble.

Surely you’d be better with a heavy one?

dazh

Too much padding on that.

nick1962
    Free Member

Would it be wreckless to follow a man, who called one of his own recent daytime rides “Bogtrotting, dead ends, more unrideable stuff…” across the Lancs/Yorks hinterland, at night ? As well as lights should I bring a bivouac just in case and whiskey for angry famers? 🙂
    Will try to make it but don’t rely on me for directions!

dazh

Yeah that ride wasn’t one of my more successful scouting trips. I should know better than to trust an OS map 🙂

If the angry farmer is out I suggest we just run away like I did last time I encountered him. I hope he never discovers strava as he’ll be turning up on my doorstep with a lynch mob.

nach
    Free Member

That’s what privacy zones are for Daz. Pro tip for the super paranoid: Pick a postcode just down the road so if they compile all your rides they go to the wrong centre point 😛

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bring whiskey for me, sod the farmers!

So, uh wha gwan?

I might bring my wreck of a bike.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member
    binners

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

It’s because of pics like that and the banter that always make me laugh reading the Monday Night Pub Ride threads.

Will have to join you all one day.

scaled
    Free Member

What, a bit of mist and fog? Ya pussies.

I’m not sure my boots can get any wetter than they already are, so **** it. I’m in.

nach
    Free Member
    dazh

The sun’s due to come out at 4 and it will be clear thereafter so no excuses!

dazh

Seriously, it’s not that bad…

[video]http://youtu.be/IG7TiKKcq7k[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

When did everyone turn into such a massive buch of Susans eh? Seriously. Get a grip.

I’d love to join you this evening but I can’t make it. It is my lad’s birthday then I’ll be watching Strictly that I recorded last night.

Solidarity Brothers!

Harry_the_Spider

Correction on a above post.

buch = bunch. Susans.

dazh

People have been spoiled by the unseasonably dry summer (barring a couple of weeks in August). What short memories people have.

….and the rain’s already stopped, two hours ahead of the the BBC schedule. There’ll be dusty trails again by sundown. Maybe.

scaled
    Free Member

Farceilities appear to have declared the office to be ‘warm enough’ and turned the bloody radiators off.

They appear to have no regard for those of us trying to dry kit on them

dazh

They appear to have no regard for those of us trying to dry kit on them

Our new office has a drying room 🙂

binners

Not sure about the rain having stopped. Its absolutely bouncing off the tarmac out there at the moment 😯

dazh

Not here in Tod. In fact the suns coming out over Stoodley.

scaled
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell, he’s off/working from home = fresh legs for our glorious leader

dazh

Like I was going to do the commute in that weather this morning! Besides in MNPR tradition I’ll be leading from the back to make sure no one gets lost. That is unless the aforementioned angry farmer comes out…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hmmpf – nope can’t make it, Karin’s sick and I’m on snot-wiping duty. And dinner making.

This also gives me time to find what it is that’s inside my Pikes making them not move very much.

Have fun 😀

scaled
    Free Member

You’d rather stay at home with a puking Mrs that come out on a bike ride with us?

Man up, order her a curry as we’re passing Littleborough and it’ll all be good.

Bregante

I’m out I’m afraid. Not cos of the rain like the fair weather softies above 😉

Nope. I’ve got a miles better excuse reason.

binners

Mr Miyagi been a bit harsh on you?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You’d rather stay at home with a puking Mrs that come out on a bike ride with us?

No, I really would rather come out, but she’s ill and I know she’ll appreciate some TLC, I’ve been a bit too busy recently, so it’s a good time to make up for it.

Also, the forks are not moving properly, I’d better strip and clean them before I ride – I cannot afford new uppers! I only noticed after I’d got the rest of my bike ready* yesterday, sigh.

I’ll see you soon though 🙂

*I have started collecting quick-links. I’m up to 3 in one chain now.

Bregante

Mr Miyagi been a bit harsh on you?

Miyagi I could cope with.

scaled
    Free Member

Bregante, earlier…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – October 6th’ is closed to new replies.