Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – November 16th – Littleborough (dry route*)
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press, Hollingworth Lake
    8:15 blast off
    *may not be dry, but we’ll do our best to stick to hard pack and out of any swamps.

Also, if you want to come on any Monday Night Pub Ride BMX Specials (MNPRBMXS) please can you email me and Gaz (gaze) with your name, your forum name and your preferred email address. Our addresses are in our profiles. If you have any non forum mates who have been with us in the past and want to come again send their details too.
    We are trying to put together a BMX mailing list as organising it can be a bit of a ball ache.

chipps

A tentative yes!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Can’t make this one.

binners

I’m in! I’m bored of riding dry dusty trails in glorious sunshine anyway 😀

edhornby

lemme check the childcare…

duncancallum

In depending on work

mintimperial

In!

mikerigby

Yes I’m in too. I will also email my details tomorrow for future BMX special night rides.

dazh

Looks like it’s going to p*ss it down all weekend so I’ll go check out the ‘dry’ route.

As for bmx mailing list, have you considered using something like yahoo groups? We use it for the thursday night rides and it works pretty well in a 1990s mailing list fashion.

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t bloody complicate things!

We just need a list of the people who have been BMXing and their real names. It’s not difficult.

Don’t argue, just do it!

binners

I don’t have a real name. Should I make one up?

Harry_the_Spider

JUST SEND ME AND GAZ A ****ING EMAIL SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A SEPARATE LIST OF BMXERS AND REGULAR MNPRERS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE COME BMXING WHO ARE FRIENDS OF STWERS AND WE HAVE NO CONTACT DETAILS FOR THEM. THIS WILL STOP THE ORGANISER LOSING MONEY AND THEREFORE NOT ORGANISING IT AGAIN. IT ISN’T ****ING DIFFICULT.

mintimperial

Did Gaz lose money last time? That’s a bit shite. 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

I think he scraped it on the night, but only because of a frantic email/post/tweet-a-thon.

If we had a list we could send it out to everyone rather than rely on the message getting through second or third hand.

mintimperial

Phew, good. Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. Can’t have him out of pocket when he does such a good job organising the thing!

dazh

Don’t bloody complicate things!

Maybe we could get wittonweavers to extend his MNPR stalking spreadsheet to cover bmxing too? 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I HAVE AN AXE

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

Rear wheel fixed. So I’m up for Monday night. Gavin

binners

Given the present weather, perhaps we could try a slightly different approach tomorrow night

dazh

Excuses are being prepared already I see. I tested the route out yesterday, it rained a lot, but was all still rideable, so that can’t be one of them.

binners

Is “I’m not ****ing going out there in that!” valid? Thats my favoured option at the moment.

Love Susan

Harry_the_Spider

I’m wimping out too.

1. Not feeling that great.
    2. Backlog on the SKY box.
    3. Weather forecast is shocking and it will just be an exercise in eroding my transmission.

Regards,

Susan

dazh

In an effort to MTFU I made a resolution at the weekend to not wimp out of any rides over the winter on the basis of the weather. So I’ll be there as arranged.

Hopefully I won’t be on my own 🙂

Edit: And after the weekend, the weather forecast is not too bad at all.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ll get out on a Monday soon, it won’t be this monday though

edhornby

I went out (in philips) on Friday and it was a slopfest so gawd knows what it’ll be like now… I can’t make tonight for other reasons

For those that are out tonight, be careful of the wind ok chaps/chappesses

sandwicheater

Think I’ve opted for a moist one for my first MNPR, balls.

See you later

stcolin
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m out for the next 3-4 with back problems. Would have liked to have made this one as it’s close to home.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sorry but i wont be there either this week or next week…

have a good one!

We have done Littleborough in the wet before and whilst it was wet from surface water it wasnt particularly bad underneath. Dont let the rain put you off – just make sure you have a change of clothes for the drive home!

binners

brennak

I can’t make it either had to work today and not likely to finish late, next week also taking Mrs B to hospital.

dazh

Potential undeclared Susans, you have no excuse, unless you are scared of the dark 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Just got in from work. Seeing that weather forecast makes my wee sizzle as I can’t make it now.

GregMay
    Free Member

You can get pills for that you know. I’m cranky, so not leaving the couch.

sandwicheater

Weather was ace. Not that much of a breeze and didn’t notice any rain. Even spotted chipps whipping like a boss.

Harry_the_Spider

Leave it :-/

dazh

Given that the weather has now well and truly broken, I suspect we’ll be back quite soon. The new route worked quite well, although the second hill was a bit on the brutal side.

We didn’t discuss next week’s venue due to the absence of many Susans regulars so it’s up for debate. Somewhere similarly weather resistant might be required I think.

Harry_the_Spider

[snigger]You rode past “Dick Hill”.[/snigger]

dienamic

Decent ride last night, cheers Daz. I really need to remember a change of clothes for the drive home next time, I think my arse is still drying out! Hopefully I’ll be along for another soon. (ride, not arse).

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – November 16th – Littleborough (dry route*)’ is closed to new replies.