Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – March 14th – BMX & Todmorden
  • Harry_the_Spider

You know who you are if you are on the list. However, if you haven’t paid you need to do it now as me and Tom are currently exposed to the tune of 40 odd quid.

We will decamp to The Church Inn in Prestwich afterwards to talk about how awesome we all are. I have told them that we are coming and they are getting the pies in.

For those that aren’t BMXing there was talk of an MNPR out of Todmorden. Details to follow. Perhaps.

chipps

The cunning idea was that there’d actually be a BMX Splitters ride in Prestwich so we can all meet up after and bathe in the glow of your awesome children’s bike adventures.

Harry_the_Spider

Even better!

mintimperial

Wooo, two whole hours of riding bikes without getting caked in cack, blown into fences, frozen and/or soaked. Can’t wait! 😀

Sandwich

I await the Susan ratio for the following week, when people didn’t bounce too well and haven’t recovered fully. 8)

scaled
    Free Member

Let me know if you get any drop outs for the BMX and i’ll step in.

If not i’ll be at the church at 8ish

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i bought a new full face helmet last week. it’s a real midlife crisis/so enduro it hurts job…

Harry_the_Spider

Picture or link please.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looking forward to BMX radness. May not be able to make the pub afterwards unfortunately though 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i posted it on twitter last week Hazza.

nach
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member
    i bought a new full face helmet last week. it’s a real midlife crisis/so enduro it hurts job…

binners

dazh

Let me know if you get any drop outs for the BMX and i’ll step in.

Just been told by the Mrs that it’s parent’s evening tonight and I’m expected to attend. Not sure I’ll make it there in time so do you want my place? If I get done in time I’ll go on the MTB ride instead.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I have spent the weekend lying low with some fluey like bug – not sure what. Feel a bit better today but not 100%. if anyone wants my place then let me know!

binners

Another one bites the dust. I’ve got man-flu after both the binnerettes were off school with it last week

So theres another place going. I’m going to come down anyway, as I need the revitalising effects of pies and a pint afterwards, and I’ve got framed artwork to drop off with people. So if you’ve ordered some I’ll have it with me later

Bregante

Is the post ride drink going to be at The Church? What time will you be there? I might be able to hobble over for some pie nourishment…

mintimperial

Just been told by the Mrs that it’s parent’s evening tonight and I’m expected to attend. Not sure I’ll make it there in time so do you want my place? If I get done in time I’ll go on the MTB ride instead.

Right folks, I’m sorting out last minute drop outs by email, if anyone else is pulling a Susan please email me direct so I can mock you personally and sort out replacements, cheers! 😀

Harry_the_Spider

The BMXers will be in the pub from about 10:10. No idea what time the MTB shower will be there, but it will be around the same time I guess.

mintimperial

OK so we’ve got at least one space going begging for tonight, if anyone out there in STW land fancies a bash at BMXing drop me a line on mintimperial at gmail dot com. First come first served, £21.25, 8pm kick off at the National Cycling Centre, all kit included.

Harry_the_Spider

There are still a couple of places if anyone wants one.

tthew

Andy, Tom. Any chance you could check your e-mail list please as I didn’t get any mail about the BMX, and it’s not gone into SPAM buy mistake. Ta.

As it happens I can’t tonight, but enjoy the pain. 😀

edhornby

I can’t bmx but I’ll be doing the muddy

Mackem

I think I’ll be mincing round Philips park tonight if anyone wants to join me. I’m referring to my style of riding BTW.

Harry_the_Spider

Matthew, you are on the list.

tthew

Matthew, you are on the list.

I thought I was. I’ll add you e-mail address to my contacts to make sure there’s no auto deletion malarkey next time.

Bregante

For those of you collecting a piece of binners’ art work I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed. Mine looks fab at the top of our landing. 8)

My crappy mobile phone pic really doesn’t do it justice.

nach
    Free Member

Mackem – Member
    I think I’ll be mincing round Philips park tonight if anyone wants to join me. I’m referring to my style of riding BTW.

As far as I’m aware this is the plan. Chipps and I heading to Prestwich, probably for 20:15 outside the Church Inn.

Harry_the_Spider

Bmx places still available!!!

nach
    Free Member

Chipps no BMX, so without Daz I don’t have a lift, otherwise I’d take one. Soz.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

So is there an alternative ride in Phillips parks tonight?

duncancallum

I’m out I’ve double booked well I say me. My missus booked my a physio appointment at 7:15 it finishes at 8 in horwich so I’m oot.

duncancallum

Yah meet at the church. the popular Judea people’s front are meeting there

mikerigby

I will be at the Church Inn by 8:15 for tonight’s splitters group ride.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

8:15 the Church ? unless I am told otherwise.

dazh

By some annoying coincidence I came down with the bloody Lurgy today at work so not going to make either now. There goes the next week of biking that was planned 🙁 I could throttle people who come into work ill!

Harry_the_Spider

So far this morning I have priced:

New bars (chrome)
    New pedals (anodized blue)
    New stem (anodized blues)
    New tires (rubber black)

I’ve already got a spare brake lever (chrome) somewhere.

My “I don’t give a shit what it looks like rat bike” may get pimped considerably.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

So far this morning I’m having flashbacks to actually trying to escape Manchester with the M60/M62 eastbound junction being closed and then doubling back to find the Oldham road being closed as well and spending half an hour driving around back streets trying to find my way back out to the 62.

And then to add insult to injury, Maccie Ds was closed by the time I got home 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

okay, so which one of you lot is booboyboo on the grauniad comments then?!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – March 14th – BMX & Todmorden’ is closed to new replies.