Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – June 29th – Dambusters Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Strawberry Duck, Turton BL7 0LU
    Chocks away 8:15
    Bring money for beer and medals.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

In

scaled
    Free Member

Me too, who’s squadron leader this week?

Harry_the_Spider

Also, if anyone fancies a Special Ops road ride at stupid o’clock on Saturday morning there are a couple of us heading for the hills at 5:45am to be back at base by 7:30.

dazh

In. The blisters on my arse have just about healed enough to ride a bike again 😯

Can’t do saturday morning/friday night (5.45am is still night in my book) but would be up for future ones. On a related subject, if any of the budding roadies fancy a more amenable post work evening road ride on a day which isn’t a Monday let me know and I’ll organise something. Thursdays are always good for me.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Squadron Leader reporting for duty!

Clear and ready for take off… 😀

Bring lights and money for beer, plus climbing legs and a big grin for the fast and flowing descent back to the pub! Unless you would prefer a pootle round the ressies?!

Might try and organise chip butties if any one would be up for that?

Harry_the_Spider

Might try and organise chip butties if any one would be up for that?

Does The Pope shit in the woods?

binners

Rear gunner eporting for duty sah!!

Harry_the_Spider

Very nice 😉

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Are we riding over Binners?

binners

We might as well Daz. Nice big climb home after a couple of pints and a chip butty 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Binners, your stuff is like an industrial version of Stan Chow.

binners

I’d never seen his work before Harry. I’m liking it.

That Lancaster is part of a work in progress. I’m doing it flying over Ladybower. Its nearly finished.

ratherbeintobago

[tangent]Last year saw PA474 rumble over Hollingworth Lake at low level[/tangent]

nach
    Free Member

My Susan excuse for being out is that one of my finger bones is in three pieces instead of one.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

The newbie is keen to join again if you don’t mind me being the slow coach. I’ve sorted some lights.

Harry_the_Spider

The newbie is keen to join again if you don’t mind me being the slow coach. I’ve sorted some lights.

Good stuff. See you at the pub.

binners

It’s nice to have some company at the back. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

It’s nice to have some company at the back.

That’s where the cool kids are.

Bregante

I should be in this week! I may be rigid.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

TMI, Bregante!

Can I get a ride from Tod or something? I’d need to catch the last train which is 23:48 from Littleborough.

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m in
    back has been bad but went for test ride with Duncan this morning and all seems ok yippee

Baza

duncancallum

I’m in.

See if I can complete a ride with out falling off…..

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s a “could be” from me. big work week this week so it depends on what time i get home, and what time i need to be there on tuesday morning.

dazh

Can I get a ride from Tod or something?

Yeah I can give you a lift. Could you get to Tod station for 7?

binners

I’m in.

See if I can complete a ride with out falling off…..

Well now you’ve actually vocalised that, I think we can all guess which way thats going to go. You fool!!! 😉

scaled
    Free Member

I’m still in pretty bad shape from last weeks ride, don’t wait up for me

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Regrettably the Strawbury Duck have declined to provide us with chip butties. Apparently its too late for the kitchen staff.

Nevermind i’m sure there will be crisps!

Harry_the_Spider

bastids. 😉

scaled
    Free Member

Where was the place where we plundered the leftover food from the Bowls club?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I think that was in the Rose & Crown at Ramsbottom. We had chip butties and finished off all their sandwiches!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks Daz, I’m waiting to hear if a breakaway faction ride is going ahead. Is it OK if I tell you around 6 if I’ll need the lift? I’m happy to forefit my place in your car if someone deffo needs it though.

dazh

Yeah no problem. I won’t be home til 6.30 anyway so either just mail me or leave a message on here. If I don’t hear anything I’ll assume you don’t need one.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Great, ta.

Bregante

Of course, the fact that I can actually make it tonight has been thoroughly scuppered* by the mammoth shift I pulled this weekend.

6am start yesterday. Finished at 4.30 this morning. Back in for 9am and just got home.

*probably

binners

You must have busted someone with a shedload of ampthetamines at some point over the wekend, surely? 😀

Bregante

Spookily close…

brennak

I’ll have to miss tonight Mrs B has a hospital appointment after tea, quickly check insurance policies

bearnecessities

Looks like the perp necked the lot though.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OUT

T minus 7 weeks until I emigrate to NL. Will be in touch, over.

[Thanks again Daz]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – June 29th – Dambusters Edition’ is closed to new replies.