Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – June 15th – Prestwich – The Hills Have Pies Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Church Inn Prestwich – M25 1AJ
    8:15 Blast Off
    Bring money for beer and/or pie.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

In

tthew

W in.

dazh

In. Anyone from Tod area going? Can I have a lift back as I’ll be riding from work. Also if anyone fancies an early start and a blast round Phillips Park beforehand I’ll be up for that.

chipps

I don’t see why not… Might be able to squeeze you in too, Daz, depending on who we’re taking there.

dazh

Great. Not a problem if you’re full though, I’ll just ride back if I have to.

Bregante

In.

Rude not to really…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i reckon so.

brennak

Planning to go at the moment I can throw the towball rack in the back

mintimperial

In. 🙂

craig24
    Free Member

I’m in, Binners has convinced me unskilled and unfit is acceptable 😆 see you all there.

binners

I just fancied a bit of company at the back 😀

riklegge

In, as long as I can get new brake pads beforehand.

dazh

I’ll almost certainly be driving there tomorrow via work now as I have a catalogue of aches and pains after Bristol bikefest yesterday so don’t bother with the bike rack Kev. Looking forward to a nice and slow bimble round the woods.

Harry_the_Spider

Looking forward to a nice and slow bimble round the woods.

Dontknowotyamean.

dazh

I seem to remember last time we did Prestwich everyone had had a shit day at work and we set a MNPR record pace* and accidently dropped a load of people. I’m sure it’ll be very relaxed this time though, especially if Binners is coming 🙂

*by that I mean we averaged more than 10kph.

binners

I’ve got a dodgy knee too. It’ll be walking pace 😀

Bregante

How come doing your knee in has improved your performance? 🙂

binners

Remember what happened last time you tried to get past me? 😉

Bregante

Tried?

scaled
    Free Member

I can barely walk up the stairs this evening. Any plans I had of riding up there from work have evaporated.

dazh

More PMBA injuries?

chambord
    Free Member

I’m in, riding from town… How late are you lot out normally? Do I need to bring a light or will the sun suffice?

Harry_the_Spider

You’ll need a light.

We’ll be riding for about 2 hours.

Bregante

Usually back at the pub around 10 so lights needed for the last slog back through the woods. And definitely required if you’re riding home afterwards.

chambord
    Free Member

Righteo I’ll stick one in my bag

wittonweavers
    Free Member

We could have just about got away without lights last week but it would be worth having them. Sounds as if we could have a decent turn out which can only mean more mechanicals though!

scaled
    Free Member

No injuries, Daz. Just a long day out for those of us that aren’t used to it!

Ps, flat pedals are awesone

Bregante

We could have just about got away without lights last week

Speak for yourself… No bloody way I was tackling San Marino in its present state without my lights.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

No bloody way I was tackling San Marino in its present state without my lights.

Every few metres down the trail my light was shaken into a vertical position so i had pretty much no lights all the way down.

Well, that’s my excuse…

dazh

Sounds as if we could have a decent turn out which can only mean more mechanicals though!

Should be a fair few as I’m bringing at least 3 Prestwich newbies with me hopefully.

1-shed
    Free Member

I’m in, keep me company at the back.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m now out. On Saturday I played rugby for the first time in 5 years. I can barely walk today.

Bregante

Don’t walk then 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

You know that he needs the mobility for doing repairs etc whilst out riding!

ebennett

I’m interested in tagging along*, how light do the lights need to be? I have a set of these that I use for commuting, would they be alright? Will I die?

*Depending how sleepy I am after dinner…

scaled
    Free Member

You’ll probably die.

Something like This is more the order of things

Someone might have a spare light if you ask nicely.

binners

Alternatively, if you don’t want to burn your house down during the night with dodgy Chinese exploding batteries and chargers…..

These instead

Oh god! I’ll have started something now…..

scaled
    Free Member

We’ll discuss this at the top of the hill, binners 😀

ebennett

Thought as much, looks like I’m out. Usually in bed by 10 anyway so would have been pushing it 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – June 15th – Prestwich – The Hills Have Pies Edition’ is closed to new replies.