• This topic has 43 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrT.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 27th – Dark Side of The Moon Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Well, Rivington.

Dunc will fill us in with the details.
    8:15 Blast off.
    Bring money for a pint.
    Social pace, very little undergrowth.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Enjoy. I intend to be lying on a sofa in Kettering stuffing my gob with Mars bars.

dazh

Think I might bring a midge net this time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

Good call. I may dab something behind my ears.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I may dab something behind my ears.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9ew4G5UXU[/video]

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

If by some miracle, the moon, the stars align, my domestic operations manager gives me written permission, I’m not held against my own free will by work, I manage to drive to the eighties Wigan and back through rush hour traffic to drop the girls off at gymnastics, I then manage to convince someone to pick the girls up from gymnastics whilst the boy is at home with the wife I may just join you.

I’m not a twunt and I’m not fast.

craig24
    Free Member

I really need to get to one of these rides but there are just too late for me. Hopefully one day!

binners

Look out for the upcoming Bank Holiday Specials. We start earlier. Mainly so we can get to the pub earlier and eat more crisps and drink more beer

mintimperial

Hmm. Normally Rivi is a bit too far for me which is why I’ve never done it, but given the week I’ve had so far I might throw a strop and demand a special late pass for this one.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dear mintimperial, I am currently eating a group of your mates.

mintimperial

Dear mintimperial, I am currently eating a group of your mates.

Nooo! You monster! If only we weren’t so damned tasty.

duncancallum

right ho Chaps and Chapettes

Meet at the Jolly Crofters Horwich BL6 6RE

It’s at the end of Georges lane, There’s a reasonable car park at the back. There is a layby opposite for parking or even a spot of dogging if that floats your boat.

They serve alright pub grub till 8 pm if you wanted to get there early. Baz and I have carried out a reconnaissance tonight (excuse for a pint) and they are open to 11 and they’ll cordon off the end of the pub for us.

They have a pub quiz on a Monday for any slackers.

Hi Viz and a whistle are not provided!

No one will be dropped we have several escape routes!

funkrodent

Right then, I’m in. I’ve bought a complete lemon of a motor for the missus so no “off gallivanting buying cars” excuses. I’ll hopefully be bringing the new (2nd hand) 2Souls Quarterhorse out to play for the very first time, assuming of course that all the remaining parts arrive when they’re supposed to (tomorrow), are what they’re supposed to be, actually fit and actually work.

If I do pull it off it’ll be my first time on a 29er, so should be a laugh..

funkrodent

If I do pull it off it’ll be my first time on a 29er, so should be a laugh

Just realised the way in which that sentence could be construed, particularly given the reference to dogging earlier in the thread.. 😯

binners

mcnultycop

That used to be my auntie’s pub. If ever there is a motivation for me to attend one of these that should be it.

DrT
    Free Member

I’m working in Warrington next week so might join you all. Hope there is no objection to slow blokes with no discernible talent on the bike 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Hope there is no objection to slow blokes with no discernible talent on the bike

if there was, there’d be maybe 3 people at the most attending these rides!
    no, i’d say you’re gonna be in good company if you turn up fella…

brennak

Still in Greece sailing north to the sardonic gulf gutted I’ll miss rivi but it’s a hard life

Harry_the_Spider

Kev… Just to clarify… You are sailing in Greece yet you are surfing the STW forum?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

kev, trust me, you’re in a better place! it’s freezing cold and soggy today here in horwich/rivi!

brennak

Sailing island to Island where ever the wind blows best, we have to replenish vital supplies beer crisps and so forth ( not too dissimilar to the MNPR really) we get sporadic internet so try too keep up to date. Looks like I missed another Exocet fuelled ride last week, hope WW is feeling a little less despondent after his break in. Nice artwork from Binners again, hope the sun shines later for you all.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well, horwich was inside a cloud when i got up today, and it doesn’t look like it’ll shift. besides, i’ve come down with something, got a mega sore throat and my breathing is screwed so i’m out.

binners

After getting absolutely drowned on the cold, wet, windy moors yesterday afternoon, and noting that visability today is about the same – zero, I’m not feeling it unless this bloody grim weather improves 🙁

funkrodent

Weather forecast is heavy rain 6pm – 9pm and light either side. It’s the Beeb though, so at least a 50/50 that we’ll get bright sunshine 😛 . I’m up for it nevertheless, but will go with whatever is decided..

duncancallum

its brightening up!

dazh

Just spent the latter half of the weekend camped in a cold, windy and drizzly field being eaten by midges. I think I’ve used up all my MTFU tokens this weekend. See you next week.

Harry_the_Spider

Weather forecast is looking better.

I can cope with “drizzle”.

Bregante

Unsurprisingly I’m stuck at work.

binners

I thought you might be having a bit of a busy day today. Has world war 3 broken out yet?

scaled
    Free Member

I’m certainly not cycling home on a westerly loop 😀

duncancallum

I can just make out the mast from my kitchen which in my rough weather guide it means it’s summer

Harry_the_Spider

Setting off now.

mintimperial

Not happening for me this evening, damnit. The summer holidays always **** my riding time up completely, oh well. 🙁

funkrodent

Arrived at 8.25 as had to make unscheduled petrol stop (bad planning). Lack of people, guess I missed everyone. Oh well, there’s always Phillips Park 🙂

duncancallum

Funk I wish I knew you where coming

Other wise a cracking ride out, the views were erm remarkable….

Harry_the_Spider

https://www.strava.com/activities/355453084

Top stuff. I’ve just sentenced the washing machine to death with my kit. And, if anyone doesn’t get 100% in that pub quiz they are morons.

duncancallum

Well you’ve got cater for the lowest common denominator.

Shame they roped part of the pub off for four of us and all we did was leave a puddle at the bar

DrT
    Free Member

That was great fun, if a little damp. Thanks for showing me round.

1-shed
    Free Member

Dr T, I tried emailing you but it didn’t work. Good work for going out tonight. Still free Wednesday if you want?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 27th – Dark Side of The Moon Edition’ is closed to new replies.