• This topic has 96 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 21st : The Homecoming Edition
  • dazh

I have the MTB Batteries V2 light. I’ve never required anything else, and it lasts about 3 hours on full power.

If I was buying now I’d probably spend the bit extra to get the Lumenator though.

jonjones262
    Free Member

v2 ordered! 🙂

I won’t die on next monday’s ride now!

Harry_the_Spider

Harry, are yours the solarstorm ones? Mine came in a few days and I’ve had no issues (so far)

Yes. Light is ace. Batteries are shite (well, mine were). Mine lasted about 5 rides then stopped charging.

Oredered a replacement from Torchy The Battery Boy off ebay.

buck53

I’ve ordered a new Solarstorm off eBay yesterday, they now come with an “uprated” (8800 mah off the top of my head) battery in a silicone waterproof case, just as an FYI.

The seller was also making a fuss in the listing as to how to identify a genuine Solarstorm light, so I think awareness is growing and it’s easier to spot the decent ones now. This will be my third one and I’m yet to have a problem of any sort.

Bregante

I won’t die on next monday’s ride now

You haven’t seen where I’m taking you yet! 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Banjo country?

Bregante

scaled
    Free Member

Mentioned the possibility of going south the other night, was thinking something like this

General source of amusement: the pub (the fox) it at the top of the last descent, we could start at the Ring o’ bells but there’s a chance that we’d run in to that there NBT and it adds another few miles on. We could tack on a blast down the canal lock gate drops and all + drop the hayfield loop for a slightly less brutal elevation profile.

It’s a bit up and down, nothing too nadgery compared to the ‘disappear down the side of the canal’ line this Monday. Anyway, just putting it out there as an option, I’ve really been enjoying these rides!

Edit: That made more sense in my head

Bregante

I’d be up for that scaled as I’m further south than most anyway. The nbt risk factor should be fairly low on a Monday as apparently he has netball practice 🙂

jonjones262
    Free Member

That strava route looks good ^^^

Think I’ve ridden bits of it before…

Bunnyhop

Bregante – nerdyball is cancelled during the summer. So nbt would join you all 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

nerdyball is cancelled during the summer. So nbt would join you all

Ah. Best keep it all north side then. Just to be sure.

dazh

Bloody typical that someone would suggest a Marple/New Mills ride just when I move out of the area. Would it be too cheeky to go down the fairway of that hole on the golf course? Always wanted to do that, and finish with a massive skid on the green, but of course it would be very irresponsible/criminal.

Also if new locations are up for discussion there’s lots of stuff around the Stalybridge/Hollingworth area.

Harry_the_Spider

Hollingworth next week. Bregante has a plan.

Details tomorrow.

dazh

I was talking about Hollingworth near Glossop not Hollingworth Lake, if that’s what you mean. I’ll admit though I don’t know the trails (or the pubs) round there as much Marple/New Mills.

Harry_the_Spider

Glossop may be a bit far.

nbt

PLenty to ride round TIntwistle / hollingworth, closer than marple and I won’t be there 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 21st : The Homecoming Edition’ is closed to new replies.