Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 20th – Prestwich
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ooh :/

duncancallum

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, not the most fun MNPR i’ve been on.

binners

I think you’re wrong Harry. I love it when someone shows up for their once a year MNPR ride, which is always in July not January, then shows us that we’re wrong in our normal sociable, inclusive ethos of nobody being dropped, and what we need is a Lycra clad, big-kahooned hero to demonstrate not only their superior local knowledge, but also how fast and GNARRRRRRR they are, by disappearing off leaving everyone strung out behind them on trails through the woods they don’t know.

I was really impressed with their athleticism, bike handling skills, and all round great attitude, and at no point did the words ****ing cockwomble enter my head. I was hoping to congratulate them personally on the above character traits when we finally got back to the pub, but he wasn’t there. Life’s full of disappointments. Maybe next year Eh?

AndyF1
    Free Member

Should be shot at dawn.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Looks like you ended up somewhere around Outwood?

Harry_the_Spider

Giants Seat Woods, but we got strung out and thought we’d lost someone. So me and Binners had to double back whilst some waited and some didn’t.

Whatever. Nobody died.

Rivington next week.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I was busy getting lost in Stockport. No woods but plenty of cockwombles.

robj20
    Free Member

Shame, when i joined you lot even though i was way off the pace someone always kept me company at the back.

Harry_the_Spider

Nobody got lost or dropped, we just split into three groups and made our own way back.

binners

On a more positive note: the Landlord had indeed restocked the pie fridge, and the pork and black pudding was bloody lovely 😀

dazh

Even I got dropped last night and I can normally keep up with anyone. Think we might need a return to the more ‘social’ aspect of MNPRs. Back to walking pace next week?

(I know I’m often guilty of racing off but usually only when I know where I’m going and everyone’s together, although I did miss that left turn last night, like an utter idiot).

Bregante

That was actually v.funny seeing you three hurtling past the turn 🙂

And binners is now on my hit list for snaffling the last black pudding pork pie…

binners

Think we might need a return to the more ‘social’ aspect of MNPRs. Back to walking pace next week?

The pace has definitely been getting steadily upped on recent rides. Thats fine. The pace isn’t the problem. The bell-endery is.

tthew

The awesomeness strike rate of the MNPR is miles high though, and one slightly uncoordinated edition doesn’t do much to diminish that.

Bet you’d have still all rather been out on your bikes last night than at home watching the telly or doing holiday preparation ironing, (which is a fate awaiting me later. 🙁 )

binners

Thinking about it… its Phillip Park. Its cursed. At least this time it wasn’t absolutely bucketing down like the infamous ‘Vortex of Failure’ ride, where we spent the majority of the evening stood around in a freezing deluge fixing a succession of mechanicals

dazh

Dunc and Baz will have to rule with an iron fist next week 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I was a generous contributor to that vortex of failure 😳

Funnily enough. I’ve not been on a MNPR since…

robj20
    Free Member

I went to a Prestwich one but not been since, too fast for me to enjoy it.

Harry_the_Spider

I was a generous contributor to that vortex of failure

…yeah. If anyone deserved being left to die in the woods it was you. We couldn’t work out if you were fixing that puncture or hand filing a new wheel from solid.

nickc

If it makes you feel better, I rode a cheeky quickie here, and met 3 people on the climb upto the Pike, who in turn tried to ignore me, after a cheery hello and then ride away from me, which would have worked, only they weren’t that fast, so didn’t…

It was odd and a bit awkward. 😕

The weather, perhaps?

dazh

after a cheery hello and then ride away from me, which would have worked, only they weren’t that fast, so didn’t…

Waits for the ‘uninvited wheelsucker on Stoodley Pike’ thread. 😀

nickc

It did kinda feel like that 😆

duncancallum

Dunc and Baz will have to rule with an iron fist next week

I’ve a plan to stop that happening again

About 18 of these should do the trick

Bunjy tied together job jobbed

Bregante

😆

Harry_the_Spider

I think staying out of dense woodland will probably help. You could still be seen if were on the Isle of Man from Rivington.

horridge
    Free Member

Have we all managed to find our dummies yet. It sounds like a few got lost in the woods. I think it’s a little unfair to put the blame on one person when there were 16 grown men out there. Can we get back to the usual light hearted bitchery for next week please? 😈

duncancallum

In my best Naam voice

You don’t know man you wernt there…

I mean binners could of been bummed my that weirdo in the Gray trackies

Harry_the_Spider

😀

After spending ages standing about like a lemon and looking for someone who wasn’t there, feelings were running a little high last night.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

that weirdo in the Gray trackies

Damn! Looks like my cover’s been blown!

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 20th – Prestwich’ is closed to new replies.