Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 20th – Prestwich
  • Harry_the_Spider

Church Inn, Prestwich M25 1AJ.
    8:15 blast off.
    Bring money for beer and pies.

For those new to the MNPR there won’t be as much climbing as in recent weeks but expect the pace to be a bit quicker. Not murderously fast, just a bit faster.

We’ll do the trails in Philips Park and Waterdale then head off to do some more stuff in the woods on the other side of the motorway.

tthew

Suits me Sir.

dazh

We still CX-ing? I will if someone else does…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Haha. If you do I’ll ride it on my commuter.

funkrodent

Yup, I’ll be there. Last time I hooned around on the trails at Phillips Park I compromised my teeth. Should be interesting..

chambord
    Free Member

I should be able to make this one…

horridge
    Free Member

I’ll give the CX a go. Might even ride from work via a pub if you fancy a scoop first Daz.

binners

Cross bikes eh?…..

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Nice work Binners.

I’m away next week so I’m oot.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

in.
    my CX bike will be staying at home though…

Harry_the_Spider

Just phoned the pub. The pie fridge will be stocked!

My CX will be staying in the shed. I want to be full-bouncy if we are doing some of the off-piste stuff. Also, I can’t be arsed swapping my lamp bracket over.

Bregante

In view of the update from our pie correspondent, I’m in.

I don’t have a cross bike.

Nice work binners.

Harry_the_Spider

The weather looks OK too! Blimey.

binners

Oh for Gods sake…. don’t say that!!!

gixer71109
    Free Member

Sorry can’t make it this week wife is working late

edhornby

I shall be swearing at my bearings this evening in anticipation

duncancallum

In.

Unless work hold me hostage again.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

definitely in. not on call, and off work tuesday too.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sigh…. All planetside leave has just been cancelled. I’m away next week too 🙁

binners

Righty ho you lot. A delve around the artwork mountain that masquarades as my dining room some of the time, revealed that there is one solitary MNPR t shirt left, bagged up and hiding.

Its a size large So if you’re sort of fat, but not too fat, then you could express your impeccable good taste, simple understated style, and announce to the world the discerning company you keep. Yours for fifteen of your English pounds. Then thats the lot of them gone.

scaled
    Free Member

I think you’ve already got 15 of my english pounds for a shirt and no shirt.

It may well be mine :p

binners

It must be yours then. I’ll bring it down for you tonight fella

scaled
    Free Member

I’ll try and get out for this but I had a bit of a mare last night (see the cross threaded XX1 cassette thread!)

Feels like a million years since I got to ride a bloody mountain bike

edhornby

my bike is working and I have a pass out !!

dazh

I’m in but due to spending the weekend mostly riding my bike rather than fixing them, I’ll be on a mountain bike rather than the cx as originally indicated. I just couldn’t be arsed messing about in my garage with bikes when the weather was nice.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m out i’m afraid. Have a good one!

binners

Harry_the_Spider

I wish.

Harry_the_Spider

In other news there are posters up for Giant Hogweed (Fig 1.), so it may be worth covering up a bit incase we blunder into some.

Fig 1. Giant Hogweed

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sadly I wish it was just a case of being a big jessie. Alas my bike has once again found its way into supporting local drug addiction. Totally nobbed off – in 2 minds now whether to bother replacing it. No issues with the insurance – they are paying out / replacing it with the latest model but I just cant keep it secured and they are obviously targeting me. The road bike is clean and light enough for me to keep upstairs in the house but a dirty mountain bike is a different proposition.

The asgard steel storage locker might be the only way forward.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

🙁

Harry_the_Spider

FFS.

Get yourself an Asgard. I’m looking at the one on the news page.

binners

Again?!! Little bastards!!!

I know the feeling. I gave up the motorbikes after having 2 go in as many months, and you realise you’re definitely being targetted.

Don’t give it up though fella. What would Monday nights be without a steady stream of personal insults, and pies?

tthew

Tossers. 🙁
    If you see this in time, and aren’t too hacked off with the whole thing, I’ll stick both my bikes in the van and you can borrow one if you want. If you pick the geared one it’ll have those quaint 26″ wheels though!

scaled
    Free Member

I should have the Capra back up and running in the next couple of days. My inbred should fit you pretty well if you want to borrow it, it’s way to small for me!

duncancallum

I’ve a trek fuel you can use.

See there’s no excuse

funkrodent

Apologies all, have been after a cheap Focus for the missus for a while now. The perfect car just came up on autotrader and its going to go fast. Just spoke to the guy and I’m going to view (and probably buy) it tonight. So I’m out. Gutted as I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully next week!

EDIT – If anyone fancies posting a big girl’s blouse pic then could I request Rachel Riley? Thanks

Harry_the_Spider

Riley eh?

You don’t deserve a Full Rachel.

funkrodent

Fair play, though I can’t help thinking that that picture of Mavis is the delectable RR fast forward 60yrs.

To add insult to injury the vendor produced an MOT advisory list enough to put terror into a strong man’s heart (more than enough for me then). Corroded springs and strange things happening to rear suspension arms (though not resulting in excessive movement, apparently) means what looked to goo to be true (price+mileage equation) is possibly just that. Conversation with the garage tomorrow then, though the missus was more concerned about the slightly faulty radio.. 😕

Trust a fun time was had by all, see you next week (probably)

Harry_the_Spider

…you see treating a large group ride like a solo sprint through woods that you know like the back of your hand (and others don’t) doesn’t ****ing work because the people at the back don’t know where you are or if anyone has been dropped.

Not good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 20th – Prestwich’ is closed to new replies.