Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – January 19th – Turton.
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

The Chetham Arms, Chapletown, Nr Edgeworth. BL7 0EW
    8:15
    Bring money for beer.

Expect a mudfest!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m out. My forks are away for a service.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ooh… That’s a two hour+ train ride 🙁

lowey

Cheers Craig, would love to come to more of these but the late set off plays hell with my childcare arrangements. Have a good one guys.

binners

Looks like an excuse to use this one again….

😀

Will have a ride over, so I’ll cover myself in shit before we start

Bregante

At the risk of incurring a rhyming couplet from Susan I’m a very dodgy maybe for Monday…

The lovely Mrs B has a “thing” til 4pm

In Leicester.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m in.

duncancallum

Im in.

Now Ive fixed my bike!, When I say fixed I mean I bent it back…

ruddy
    Free Member

I’m in. Will wear thicker socks though.

unwillingnut
    Free Member

I’m in.

Harry_the_Spider

There’s very little in the way of banter, piss taking or poetry on this thread so far.

0/10

xherbivorex
    Free Member

unsure at the moment. as usual, work looks like getting in the way.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

No i had thought the same myself!

Rides that i organise are often susceptible to horrendous weather. in fact the last ride planned for Turton Bottoms was cancelled due to the rain!

Expect plenty of rain, snow and ice over the next few days!

Bregante

Yeah come on somebody! I was expecting Susan to have a dig at my potential absence after the grief we gave him last week.

Very Suspicious….
    Is this because he may be somewhat elusive until the spring?

binners

Yep…. the weather forecast looks truly apocalyptic between now and Monday, but Monday looks ok.

I may be there. I do have to ride past a few pubs to actually get there though. Or not. That unpronounceable Czech lager in the H & H is very nice 😀

Susan x

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

?

binners

Its not Star. There were a lot less vowels in it than that. In fact there didn’t appear to be any in it at all. Bloody lovely though

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I met a nice young lady called Susan,
    [though later I regretted this choosin’]
    as, under the wig,
    s[he] was a bald as a pig!
    And when I complained I got a northern abusin’!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There were a lot less vowels in it than that

Maybe they invested in the brewin’ rather than the namin’? Either that or it’s a conspiracy to keep it local 😉

Bregante

So, Monday Nights ride is at Turton
    My presence this week is uncertain
    Will binners show up?
    Or will he stop for a sup?
    Of Lager that isn’t quite German.

This week is planned by wittonweavers
    I hope he’s not trying to deceive us
    If the weather is bad
    He’ll be secretly glad
    To cancel the ride and just leave us.

Bregante

And if you’re not much of a climber
    I hear from an MNPR insider
    That you shouldn’t all suffer
    Cos he’s at the Strathpuffer…..
    that mate of that Harry the Spider

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Daz n Jas have gone to Strathpuffer
    An event thats marginally tougher
    It’ll be colder than ice
    not terribly nice
    And their arses will feel so much rougher

or so i’ve heard.

Harry_the_Spider

‘puffer is on Saturday & Sunday. This is Monday.

He’ll probably ride back and join us.

brennak

Sorry can’t make it on Monday and the excuse is to be used for next 4 to 6 weeks 🙁

The sharp eyed will note the virtual MNPR game on the tablet, thanks to WW, its giving hours of fun 😀
    but I always end up with the pub closed on a Monday and having to start again.

Good luck to the Puffer contingent may it sunshine all weekend

Bregante

What have you done there brennak?

Don’t say “broke my arm” 🙂

brennak

Planned operation I’ve had shoulder joint problem for last 18 months, wear and tear (unkind people like spouses say it’s old age) it’s been ground out polished up and re-greased. Should last a lifetime now

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve ground it out and polished it hard, but I’ve never buggered my arm up like that from doing it!

Get well soon!

brennak

Right Physio time now, starting with lifting halves working up to pints, 10 lifts, 4 times an evening, doctors orders.

Clover

We rode right up to the border today (possibly slightly over it, but don’t tell anyone ‘cos I forgot my passport) and could definitely see that there is also snow in that there Lancashire. Does it go all the way to Turton?

Bregante

Me and wittonweavers were up that way (sort of) yesterday and there was plenty about then

binners

It certainly does Clover. We’ve got plenty of it. It was still coming down at lunchtime today. It’s the kind of conditions where if you had something like a carbon fat bike at your disposal, you’d draw envious looks from pretty much everyone 😉

dazh

How hilly is that route? I’m a bit sick of riding up hills and don’t currently have a bike with gears. Snow and ice could work though. Put me down as maybe.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m sorry I can’t get out there.

Have fun, all 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Long term hurt knee thing is currently “very hurty”, so I’m getting my excuse in early.

Lights are on charge though should it decide to revert to “not hurty” status over night.

See you tomorrow, hopefully.

Regards,

Susan the Spider

binners

Its snowing again. Forecast is freezing fog.

Just sayin’

Oh… and I hope you’re back on the bike before long brennak

duncancallum

Im planning on it but currently the trek is spread out in bits in the kitchen.

Ive fitted a new chain and cassette, a new mech hanger and its still skipping, its getting right on my tits.

I’ve not had a chance to fettle my new rims yet either

however my rear calliper has free’d off nicely.

Bregante

dazh, it’s not bad at all if it’s the route we’ve done previously from the Chetham around Jumbles and Wayoh etc. I’d imagine wittonweavers may be not up for anything too strenuous if the text he sent me last night is anything to go by 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m currently stuck in Nottinghamshire this evening but should be back in time for MNPR! My spies report a little more snow this afternoon but not a great deal.

The route will be low level and generally quite flat. Mud might be an issue although it may be pretty frozen given the forecast. If there is a desire to knock this one on the head then let us know sooner rather than later. Keep your eye on the forum!

As bregante has alluded to, we were out on Saturday. Had a good old ride but I did have a sense of humour failure by the end!Took me forever to thaw my feet out!!!

dazh

Hmmm. Just got back from Scotland and the 8 hour drive has resulted in my entire body seizing up. Took me about a minute just to climb out of the van and I’m doing a good impression of a 90-year-old so in hindsight I think my presence is unlikely tomorrow.

Bregante

Slacker! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – January 19th – Turton.’ is closed to new replies.