Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – January 12th – Littleborough.
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press, Hollingworth Lake.
    8:15
    Bring money for beer.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Should be ok for Monday. Plenty of rain forecast for the weekend so it may be a wet one!

Expecting plenty of standard MNPR excuses in the coming days…

binners

Rear gunner reporting for duty sah!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m in

binners

I hope the gale force winds are still around. Black Stone Edge is great fun in high winds 😀

tthew

The promo posters have definitely developed a consistent style over the last few months.
    For the past few weeks the first question that has popped into my head is, ‘Would that work as a t-shirt?’ 🙂

Bregante

wittonweavers – Member
    Should be ok for Monday. Plenty of rain forecast for the weekend so it may be a wet one!

If this mornings ride was anything to go by, it will indeed be very very soggy.

In!

brennak

Expecting plenty of standard MNPR excuses in the coming days…

Got my excuses in last Monday for the next few weeks though was looking forward to a Littleborough ride, sorry Binners you’ll have to fly solo as rear gunner.
    Good luck to the Strathpeffer contingent for this weekend

duncancallum

It’s a firm possibility I might turn up.

Clover

Sounds good to me 🙂

bearnecessities

For the past few weeks the first question that has popped into my head is, ‘Would that work as a t-shirt?’

Above makes me want a bar of dairy milk.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Good luck with the shoulder Brennak! It will feel like a while before you are back out with us on a Monday Night – but do not fear, you can indulge yourself in a little Virtual MNPR action and not even need a shower afterwards…!

I anticipate that the image above might be a little difficult to read on here so this is a link to a larger image. Have fun!

Harry_the_Spider

Have you got that in large print for us older ones?

Bregante

Your link isn’t working ww 🙄

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Try it again now…

Bregante

Nope.

And nice stealth edit there. 😉

I’m sure it’s going to be hilarious though.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ok – this should work, but once the page loads you will need to click on the image to open up a larger one…

Link

Bregante

Nope. Still nothing.

Are you sure you did this yourself? You can’t even get the bloody link to work!

Perhaps you could email it to somebody more competent? 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

ruddy
    Free Member

I’m in.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Good work on the Snakes & Ladders WW. I had a giggle, but only got side eye from the Mrs. while watching Death in Paradise.

I’m afraid I’m in that London so won’t make it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hopefully i should be there, but i’m on call again and that littleborough is more of a trek to get to from the chorlton riviera….

Bregante

Lift available if you need it herbivore!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ll let you know mate, depends on the on-call situation mostly! but ta!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*Registers interest*

edhornby

I’ll check with Mrs Ed…

scaled
    Free Member

Shit, has the pub ever been shut on a Monday?!

binners

Its always been open on Mondays in the past. Failing that, there always The Beach. Its got a play area. If you’re good, you can go on the swings

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Scaled – if you are referring to the virtual MNPR game then yes, sadly it has! Owd Betts near edenfield was closed last autumn and the yew tree near rivington was closed in 2013.

Never a good end to a pub ride!!!

riklegge

I’m in.

dazh

Well I hope the wind dies down a bit between now and tomorrow night because I rode past the whitehouse pub earlier and I’ve never had to pedal down that hill before!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sorry, is this turning into a type of Mornington Crescent, ere?

duncancallum

if i can get an xt cassette tomorrow I’ll turn up. mines skipping like biatch

possibly with my pal if thats allowed?

Bregante

Course it is.

Unless he’s a twunt.

duncancallum

Only when he laughs at me falling off….

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well that’s me out for tonight then; i barely slept last night and i crashed on the way to work, got a bashed up knee and elbow which no doubt will be quite painful by this evening.

Clover

Oh no! Get well soon…

It was hosing it down and pretty soggy as I stumbled my way down to the station this morning. Not going to be dusty tonight…

binners

Hope you’ve not done yourself too much damage Andy.

I think we might be more appropriate to try a spot of kite surfing in Hollingsworth Lake instead. We’d probably end up slightly drier. 😀

What route are we doing? The Mordor traverse will be… erm…. ‘interesting’ in this wind. I’ve done it before in conditions like this. Its character building

Harry_the_Spider

The other route. The one mostly on hard pack.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – January 12th – Littleborough.’ is closed to new replies.