Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – August 1st – Return to San Marino
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Black Dog, Belmont.
    BL7 8AB

8:15 blast off.

Bring money for beer.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Belmont – Lead Mines Clough – Rivington – San Marino – Belmont

For anyone that will be coming up from Manchester or in from the M60, St Peters Way (the A666) is currently closed from 7pm each night. The diversion through Farnworth will probably add 10 minutes on to the journey time.

funkrodent

First time in a long time, I’ll be there. Looking forward to it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will ride over to you and then back up san marino when you go to the pub.

Hang around for me if i am a wee bit late as its about 10 miles away

Junkyard
    Free Member

DONK Is coming over with me so +2

Hts have sent you a message

sefton
    Free Member

might come and join you if thats OK?

mikerigby

I’ll be there.

Harry_the_Spider

Hts have sent you a message

It hasn’t arrived.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know this will be surprising but i did a typo in your e-mail
    Me a typo …unheard of

Re sent

Harry_the_Spider

Who’s playing out?

mikerigby

I’m going to have to dig out some energy from somewhere. Went to Chester Races yesterday, stayed over and had a few scoops. Tired today! Sure I will feel much better later.

binners

Doubtful for me. After a week off with the girls, and studiously ignoring all my emails, I’m now in a world of (work related) pain. That’ll learn me.

Oh… on a related note, apparently theres some do or other at the Church this Saturday, if anyone’s interested I’ve had another couple of these beauties printed and framed, amongst other MNPR related stuff. Shout up if you’d like one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ENqaLv]MNPR montage (50 x 70) 2[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

duncancallum

I’m oot. I’m knackered. I might head over n try n find you if I get a sudden dollop of mojo

funkrodent

Sorry, still at work, had a big proposal dropped on may heed at short notice. Gutted.

horridge
    Free Member

Too many injuries to risk more at the moment. So I’m out.

D0NK

well that was fun. Was close to bonking for the entire 10 mile road ride home from abbey village. Purgatory! Was dreaming about raiding the fridge all the way home so was a little disappointed to find mrs had gone to bed having not cooked any tea, hence me wild eyed, drooling and shaky of leg, donning my chefs hat at 10:30pm.

same route next week 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hmmm, my bad.

We were a bit behind schedule with the punctures and other mechanicals – even before i got us all lost! I cant help but feel that even without those issues we might have struggled to fit in the full return through Roddlesworth.

The road ride back to the pub was a real ball ache – not sure why there is always such a headwind on that road!

SORRY!

MrSparkle

You got lost???!!!

mikerigby

No need to apologise, I enjoyed it, although without the headwind would be better on the road stretch.
    Thanks chaps.

Bregante

MrSparkle – Member
    You got lost???!!!

Perhaps Craig should stick to leading on rides local to him in future. Y’know somewhere that he’s lived and grown up close to and knows like the back of his hand….

Oh.

binners

If its any consolation Craig, I got us all lost one week within a mile of my house. 😀

Mind you… it was in a proper pea-souper in the middle of winter. Just like last night.

Oh….

D0NK

like mike said no need to apologise, but yeah that route is possibly a little ambitious for an 8:15 start 🙂

lowey

Bloody awful road that is to cycle on.

Quality banter 😆

Harry_the_Spider

I didn’t realize that we had got lost until you told us.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Haha I got to the point where it didn’t seem appropriate to pretend otherwise!!

I do intend to go back there though and find out just where that trail went to!

poshtony
    Free Member

I can categorically confirm that I’ve never got lost on a ride with Craig, whether it was around that location or not.
    Oh…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – August 1st – Return to San Marino’ is closed to new replies.