Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 25th Nov
  • Harry_the_Spider

Right then… Monday…

Mr Terrahawk is going to lead us round the delights of the Irwell Valley, some of which we last visited on the “Heart Of Darkness Jungle Ride” back when the sun was out, the shadows were long and we were all young and beautiful.

Provisional route.

Church Inn/Waterdale/Clifton/Canal/Moses Gate/ITCHY SCRATCHY/Children of the corn/Ringley/cheekies

8:15 – Church Inn.
    Bring beer money

Bregante

Bring beer frapacinno money

fify (or, more accurately – binners)

And yes.

Harry_the_Spider

It is Jason’s last pootle before Operation Win The ‘Puffer Again commences, so nobody will be turned inside out and left to die.

edhornby

That Monday is the eldest daughters 3rd birthday and we are coming back from Newcastle so don’t bank on me #permissonunlikely

tthew

Damn, I was planning on tootling over a bit early for prezzies and stories then going on to

be turned inside out and left to die

by Jason.

edhornby

Ey up, I’ll let you know what time we are due back, apparently it may not be too late so that F gets to see uncle tthew…

Harry_the_Spider

Bump

Bregante

No one else playing out?

Harry_the_Spider

I am. Lights on charge.

Just did a pre flight check on the bike and discovered that I had two punctures! Kind of glad that I didn’t leave it until 7:55 tomorrow evening.

Harry_the_Spider

Last bump for tonight.

I’ve had a look on the Met Office website and the forecast is for it to be “Dry but a bit parky, no wind to speak of, should be reet.”

tthew

I’m in. Lights and Tights at the ready.

jaqsobo
    Free Member

I’d have love to have come along but hubbie is not going to be back until late (and to be fair I am still struggling to stay wake past 9pm) so no joy again…

Next week for definite!!!! Famous last words 🙂

Clover

We have a plan to get there… it involves there being no roadworks on the way back from Buxton and Chipps making the tea. Fingers crossed that this works out.

Harry_the_Spider

Chipps making the tea. Fingers crossed that this works out.

Crap cook is he?

Clover

The opposite. If you want amazing sushi book yourself round to dinner. It’s more the sticking to schedule thing, we’re neither of us very good at that. 😀

binners

Still nursing a hurtee knee unfortunately chaps 🙁 hopefully I’ll be less spazzy by next week.

It’s a bloody perfect day for it too. Typical! I fancied a skinny decaffe frapachino with Bregante afterwards too 😉

Harry_the_Spider

UPDATE!!!

Make sure you have a working rear light with you tonight. There is a chance that Jason won’t be able to make it (the big massive soft-arse) in which case I’ll lead us.

The route I have in mind has a little bit of road stuff at the start. Not much, but enough to need a tail light.

Proposed route.

Pub
    A 56 to Tesco (hence the rear light)
    Woot!
    Asylum Woods
    Waterdale
    Pilkingtons
    Clifton
    Old power station bit
    Prestolee Road
    Giant’s Seat
    Railway
    Hurst Woods (up rather than down)
    Old Hall Lane (down rather than up)
    Philips
    Waterdale
    Grave Yard
    Pub

If you can’t get hold of a rear light we’ll do the usual bit at the start.

terrahawk
    Free Member

the big massive soft-arse

*dabs on/off button on an old PC with a pointy end of a dog egg*

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sounds like a good route, that!

i’m out though, still too crocked from my bike/pedestrian interface to want to risk night time offroad frolicking unfortunately. the large lump on my hip seems to be finally subsiding a bit though…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sorry chaps. Had been trying to juggle a few things and get out to join you but things didn’t work out!

Have a good one!

Bregante

Sorry chaps. Had been trying to juggle a few things and get out to join you but things didn’t work out!

Have a good one!

*watches ww’s Strava activity suspiciously*

Harry_the_Spider

Watches Bregante’s flip flops suspiciously.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

*goes off to find out, should i need to, how to mark a run as private* 😀

Bregante

Watches Bregante’s flip flops suspiciously

bloody hell I’ve forgotten them!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

are we having a christmas Special edition of the MNPR?

Harry_the_Spider

Harry_the_Spider

I think we should.

Bregante

Yes in July because binners doesn’t like the coldwhen binners hurty knee gets better

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hmmm Binners? How will we know when he is recovered???

Anyway, thinking Christmas thoughts – maybe look to do something on Monday 30th Dec… not necessarily at night given that most will be off?

Harry_the_Spider

Now that sounds like a plan.

Bregante

Cheers everybody. I thought tonight was stonking. Really enjoyed it.

And for those who missed it well, you missed a cracker!

Harry_the_Spider

When I got home last night I had a quick look to see why my gears had stopped shifting. The whole front of the down tube (including the exposed cables) was coated in 10mm thick ice. 😀

tthew

That’d do it. Surprised it was that cold though.

30th of November sounds like a grand plan. Put me down as a definate maybe, (too far out for 100% commitment)

Clover

Cracking ride. Thanks!

It was very parky and I’m less surprised about HtS’s gears – the frost was getting sparklier and the ice thicker as the evening wore on not to mention the wind chill from the fantastic pace.

Harry_the_Spider

It got splattered with mud quite early on that froze (probably on the long and fast drag down the old railway) and jammed up the cables. I had no front mech by the time I got to Philips and nothing at all by the time I left the pub. The ride home was rather sedate to say the least!

I do like the crackling sound of frost under my wheels, but not when I’m on a 18″ wide strip of cobbles next to a canal.

binners

OI!! I is being dissed!! Don’t make me come over there!!!

Hurty knee was given a commute in this morning – first time on the bike for a few weeks – and despite still being an ickle bit hurty, seemed to be ok. So its off road route over’t moors home tonight. If that holds up, then we’re doing le Tour de Reservoirs tomorrow evening

7.30 start from the Shoulder, if anyone fancies joining the usual suspects

Bregante

binners – Member
    OI!! I is being dissed!! Don’t make me come over there!!!

I doubt you’d remember the way

terrahawk
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a ride over in Calderdale next Monday?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 25th Nov’ is closed to new replies.