Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 21st Sept – Winter Hill (ish) Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Ainsworth Arms, 606 Halliwell Rd, Bolton BL1 8BY

8:15 blast off

Bring money for beer.

MadBillMcMad

one day I’ll be able tp make it to one of these.

chipps

A tentative ‘yes’ from me.

Harry_the_Spider

Excited Susan is excited!

binners

In.

We were out last night. Its a game of Russian Roulette with the boggy puddles on’t moors at the moment. The will it/won’t it swallow my front wheel, stopping me dead, and launching me over the bars, headfirst into a knee deep quagmire? All potentially….

Bregante

MadBillMcMad – Member
    one day I’ll be able tp make it to one of these.

Me too! 😐

gixer71109
    Free Member

She who must be obeyed is not working so I can play out this week.

duncancallum

Twas dry out tonight but to paraphrase stingray Anything could happen in the next 86 hours

craig24
    Free Member

Tempted, I’ll have to dig last years Chinese light out and hope it still works ok.

dazh

Hope it’s drier than Midgley Moor was last night. I’ve never done so much bog-trotting. Got to go to bloody Leeds for work on Monday but should make it back in time to get out.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m out. Waiting for a new rear hub as mine exploded the other night.

binners

How the hell did you manage that? You’re more destructive than me! It was fine when we got to the pub, wasn’t it?

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

There was a crunch just as you went to the shop. It spun freely for a dozen or so revolutions then engaged again. Thought I’d check it and saw that.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Well its a damp and miserable start to the day but it should brighten up later.

I’ll be there tonight. Looking forward to it!

Most of the tracks on that side of Winter Hill are hard packed and the bits in the woods may be slippy in a few places but good fun! will be proper dark though so make sure that the lights are fully charged.

I fear that we might be more than a bit dirty whilst supping a pint in the pub afterwards…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m out, trapped a nerve in my hip and it’s not working enough for me to be able to ride.

horridge
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Woods should be dry but Shooting hut may be a tad slippy.
    The pub knows we will be descending on them (literally) so will be open.

binners

Looks like I’m out again. Another week of lastminute.com deadlines means an evening staring at a Mac instead. Again. 😥

Going to be out local Wednesday or Thursday if anyone fancies it

wittonweavers
    Free Member

dazh

Is it the same route as last time? There’s a good chance I might be late so if I’m not there for 8.15 I’ll catch up.

brennak

I’ll slow em up for you Dazh, can’t suffer being a Susan again. No mercy that HtS, but everyone followed my lead last week. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Daz

Sent you an email.

Andrew

horridge
    Free Member

We’ll do the same route if you’re not on time so you can catch us. Might change it if you do make it.

chipps

I’ll be there. I also have some lights I can lend out for the evening if needed, so don’t let that be a reason not to come along 🙂

brennak

Events are conspiring against me I’ll have to give it a miss

duncancallum

I’m in

Can’t not really as it’s local

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

A Rear gunner here up for it. Setting off from Sale early to make sure I get there on time. Looking forward to it.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

Where is it best to park? I’m on whofell fold 100 yards down from the Pub. Hope I’m at the right pub? Ainsworth no parking at all?

duncancallum

Enjoyable night out chaps.

Pleasantly surprised at the boozer too

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 21st Sept – Winter Hill (ish) Edition’ is closed to new replies.