Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 20th January
  • Harry_the_Spider

Right then siblings, any ideas for next week?

After this week’s shitfest I’d quite like to go somewhere where the ground is a bit firmer. So, Rammy, Tod, Rivington, Littleborough, Scout Moor, Prestwich, Tenerife…?

And while I’m at it here is the obligatory picture of Binners.

Bregante

8)

In the absence of any input from the Rammy contingent, I could cobble something together from Hollingworth lake along the lines of our last adventure up that way. I was up there last weekend and it was wet but fun (with the exception of Blackstone edge which was shockingly muddy so will be avoiding that in the dark)

Should any of our long lost friends from north of the M60 wish to stick their head above the parapet though, it’s been a while since we’ve been up that way……

Edit: if binners can actually grow hair, I reckon it could have grown that long by now.

Harry_the_Spider

Bump-a-doodle-doo.

Bregante

There’s a shocking lack of commitment from the hill folk recently 🙂

Shall I bother charging my lights tonight “just in case”????

I remember when you all use to make the 20 minute journey down the M66 to HtN land….

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve put my lights on to charge.

We’ll see if the bumpkins from up the road break radio silence.

thejollybodger
    Free Member

Sorry I haven’t been out and about – broke my foot early December, got cast off over Christmas and jut been trying to build up my fitness again on the road bike.

Have a deadline tomorrow, however if I hit it, you’ll see me there tomorrow night. Will see what Daz and Binners are up to.

Lee

binners

Still shoulder-spazzed I’m afraid. Having to do soul destroying tedious Tarmac stuff to try and ease myself back in. Soon enough the popular peoples front will be back in the ascendancy. Then you’ll be bloody sorry! SPLITTERS!!!

tanglewood
    Free Member

Big fall on the south loop at Philips park Sunday, showing off or trying too, sepperated from bike in air over table top and splat!
    Battered and bruised, isn’t ibruprophen wonderfull?
    Anyway think i will be a bit too stiff for MNPR tommorow.
    Have a good ride.
    See you next time.
    PS go Terrahawk

burgatedicky

I’m game, depending on how terribly my work afternoon goes. I’m no use for guiding or route ideas though, but just tell me where/when to turn up.

chipps

Anyone up for a Tour de Tod? I’m quite happy to show people some local gems from Todmorden tonight. Can be mellow, medium or semi-rad as appropriate. It’s Clover’s birthday too, so I’m sure she’d appreciate some local beers.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m up for a mellow one round Tod.

binners

Happy Birthday Clover. Have a picture of a sunny summer Monday Night Pub Ride, complete with Haribo…….

Harry_the_Spider

Who is that stood in a hole at the back next to the good looking guy in yellow?

binners

Looks like someone foraging for truffles?

Bregante

*Checks passport

Yep. I’m up for a trip to Tod.

What time and where?
    And do you want me to pick you up en route HtS?

chipps

Masons Arms. 1 Bacup Road Todmorden OL14 7PN

(junction of Rochdale Road and Bacup Road, just under the railway arch. Park on the roadside next to the pub.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=392944&Y=423078&A=Y&Z=120

8.15pm as normal? – happy to tweak it up or down to suit. Great beer in the pub, and they’re used to oddly dressed people.

unovolo
    Free Member

Damn I’d be up for a trip to Todland, but after yesterdays ride my cranks have decided they no longer are man enough to play with me and the driveside crank arm has debonded from the shaft cue lots of side to side wobbliness.

chipps

I can probably find a spare bike for you if needed… It’s not like we’ll be riding more than about four miles, eh? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

And do you want me to pick you up en route HtS?

Thanks Russ. A lift would be great but I can’t get away until about 7:40ish. I don’t know how this fits in with the timing. It is about 25 mins to Tod from mine.

I’ll bring a complete set of clean clothes to avoid the “leaking bag” look that I was modelling last week. It has been a while since I got my arse out in a pub car park I just hope there are no ladies, members of the press or police officers about.

I’ve sent you an email to your profile address.

binners

Bregante

🙂

No worries. Drop us your address to my email in my profile mate and I’ll pick you up at 7.40

Edit: re your edit!

chipps

The pub doesn’t even have a car park 🙂 – you’ll be right on the main road.
    Luckily no one goes to Bacup after dark, so there won’t be any traffic.

We can make it an 8.30 start if you want

Harry_the_Spider

8:15 will be reet.

chipps

OK. See you lurking furtively at 8.15 tonight.

Anyone else local, or who can get there, who fancies coming is welcome too.

Harry_the_Spider

Great run last night. Thanks Chipps / Beate.

How is your head feeling this morning after the kissing the runway incident?

Clover

Hey, thanks for turning up everyone! Always nice to show you lot round. Thanks for birthday wishes Binners!

‘Kissing the runway’? That was just to prove that despite being a year older, I still haven’t grown up… 😕

Slightly scuffed with a nice bruise coming up on my cheek bone, but still waiting for the first questions about my ‘home life’. ‘Fell off my bike in Tod park’ does sound a bit lame…

Harry_the_Spider

Tell them we had a game if blind man’s golf ball catching. It is what Geoff Boycott’s ex missus used to say.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 20th January’ is closed to new replies.