• This topic has 43 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 18th January – Littleborough edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press – Hollingworth Lake OL15 0AZ
    8:15 blast off
    Bring money for beer

Wrap up warm.

chipps

Ooh, sounds fun. Might have a magazine to finish, but hopefully, yes! (And I have those lights for you in the car still…)

dazh

With a bit of luck it might be frozen solid. I’m thinking a similar route to last time for those who were there, with maybe a couple of variations. Will go check it out at the weekend just to make sure the weather hasn’t destroyed bits of it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikerigby

I have been suffering from a bout of debilitating manflu but it must be near the end soon. My lung capacity has taken a hit, but missing my wheels and am hoping to make this ride.

Bregante

I’m unlikely to make this one but as I mentioned on another thread, if you do the final descent behind the rugby club from the farmhouse after the steep walled climb, be very careful from the right hand bend as the middle foot or so of the trail is completely washed away and you could easily come a cropper.

Other than that I rode the route just over a week ago and it was just very, very soggy.

dazh

Don’t think it’s that one. Last time we did the Rakewood descent under the M62 back to the rugby club. It was ok then, just one iffy step which everyone negotiated successfully, and a bit of a bog at the bottom 🙂

This is the one

Harry_the_Spider

Looks good, and it avoids the “Junction of Confusion”.

Bregante

“The Tunshill Triangle” 😀

stcolin
    Free Member

It’s a provisional from me.

brennak

I’ll make sure I close the gate this time “gate what gate”

binners

Hopefully in, depending on all manner of circumstances.But hey ho…..

On the other hand, I’ve been slacking of late on the graphics, so hopefully there’s more of this type of thing …

Bregante

Blackstone Edge profile in the background binners? Nice.

edhornby

good grafix binners 🙂 it’s a no from me, Mrs Ed is out that night

binners

Its nice to know my little touches aren’t wasted Bregante 😉

tthew

I like that graphic, excellent work. Is that font referencing something? It looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

binners

Nothing specific tthew. It just seemed appropriately 70’s retro-tactic. I don’t often get to use fonts like that 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Bump.

duncancallum

anyone want a lift from Horwich/bolton?

dazh

Who’s playing out then? I’m not expecting there to be a whole lot of snow left, it’s disappearing quite rapidly here in Tod, and any that is left will likely be slushy as the temps today are the wrong side of freezing level. On the positive side it won’t be raining 🙂

mintimperial

Yeah, go on then.

binners

Hopefully! Depends on me getting done what I need to get done. If I can’t get over there, I’ll be out local instead. Definitely need to get out!

Dunc – if I’m coming over I’ll shove that cassette and your chain whip in the car

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not me, very busy work week this week.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

not me, very busy work week this week.

+1 i’m afraid!

Harry_the_Spider

Susan says hi

Bregante

Me too I’m afraid.

I’ll save you the trouble…

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m off work with the lurgy (actually I’m off sick but find myself working anyway) – I’m also staying in.

see y’all next week. Unless you’re going somewhere horrible.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

I am intending to come tonight, Gav.

mikerigby

Still ill. It’s not going away this one, so not out tonight.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

My back is fecked and I have decorating to do. Hopefully see you next week.

GregMay
    Free Member

Off to see Star Wars. It finally made it to Hebden.

Yes we are behind the times. But we have a nice bridge and some ducks so I don’t care.

Bregante

Off to see Star Wars. It finally made it to Hebden

Wait til Empire Strikes back, Return of The Jedi and the new one reach you, You’ll love em. 😀

duncancallum

im out and massive apologies from me to Horridge, you might of talked me round but as i was late my missus has gone out in the **** van.

works getting depressingly tiresome for this. Got some one off with mumps, I mean mumps thats almost dickension…

psI dont think we’d get in my focus….

horridge
    Free Member

Should I turn up or will I just end up as Billy?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m still out.

dazh

Me too. Here now in fact, early as usual.

scaled
    Free Member

It’s fair to say I wouldn’t make it if I left now. The Nipper has only just gone to sleep.

Harry_the_Spider

Top ride chaps.

Strava featuring cock and balls at 12.6 km.

https://www.strava.com/activities/473377819

mintimperial

Heheheh. That came out quite well, I’m impressed.

Good ride indeed, very muddy but highly enjoyable, cheers.

rockhopper70

Just after some feedback on this ride, as I am fairly local but struggle to devise safe routes for my kids.
    Was this one fairly timid or extreme, daft scary.
    It ticks some of the boxes starting from Hollingsworth lake as the motivational factor of a chip buttie offer at the end of the ride is sorted!
    Kids are 9 and 13 and have done most of the red at llandegla.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… I don’t know the capabilities of your kids but I wouldn’t take mine out there. It is technical in places, with the added bonus of mud, snow and ice this week, and lots of gates/fences to throw your bike over. Some of the descents are a bit tricky and the first climb is a bit of a slog too. Also it is quite remote in the event of a fall, terminal mechanical or a “refusal”.
    You should join us next time we do Prestwich. The ride is interesting enough and as fast as you want it to be including 4km or marked red grade trail and quite a lot of blue, with the added bonus of not being too far from a road should you need to bail out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 18th January – Littleborough edition’ is closed to new replies.