Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 29 – What did you do?
  • Dave
    Free Member

A wet Pass’Portes for us:

Monday Morning Debrief 29

How was yours?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ard Rock.

’nuff said 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Ard rock +1. Great weekend.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Saturday – a nice 66 mile ride from North London to Oxford, to meet the family at my Dad’s house.
    Sunday – a nice 15 mile spin with my Dad round Oxford, followed by a return to London and the afternoon in the sun in Highgate.

Lovely stuff. 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

A couple of North Lakes uber-cheeky summits on Sunday (sweary northerner style).
    Feeling slightly achy now after carrying a 39lb bike up 1800m of ascent but still smiling after those descents 🙂

stever
    Free Member

Managed to conjure up 3500′ of climbing from the Cheshire Plains. Some gratuitous re-ascent involved. Training. Spit.

wwaswas

Lovely Sunday morning 33 mile loop around Brighton on the Downs. Riding along the SDW watching the sea mist roll into the city.

Getting slightly odd tan/burn lines.

ooh, and there was dust too. Dust!

D0NK

Big local ride in the pissing rain all day friday, 8hrs, 7 of them with boots full of water. Then mr sparkle’s real ale wobble friday night. It did get very wobbly riding home at 1am.

ThePinkster

A group of us drove up to Gisburn on Saturday and had a mechanical and injury impacted fun ride around there. Hully Gully looked completely different to the photos and video I’ve seen of it but was well worth the effort. Thoroughly enjoyed it all and will definitely be heading back there again.

I’d like to give a big ‘Thank You’ to Grace & Tim of Gisburn Forest Bikes for looking after us and keeping us all exceeding well fed & watered.

If you’re in the area and looking for somewhere to stop give them a call, i’m sure you won’t regret it..

Northwind

Drove up to fort william, did the endurance downhill race on saturday, spent sunday meditating on the nature of physical pain :mrgreen:

gsp1984
    Free Member

Was exactly the same last year…

So spent sunday in 25c heat around the Peak District instead… and in two weeks time will be going 150miles further south to Whiterooms in hope of better weather haha.

MSP

Is that a di2 battery in the lapierre?

wwaswas

it’s got them electric shocks, I think.

They zap you if you get a line choice wrong.

D0NK

one of them clever leccy shocks innit? Bit tricky to see mech and cables but shifters look like standard.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Another long road ride for me, I’m getting fed up with training for the LEL now. 200km in 8 hours. Apart from the mist/drizze in Lancashire, weather was good and roads were really nice to ride on.

Ecky-Thump: give us a cheeky clue? 🙂

Tracey

Continued our build up to our Alps holiday with a quick blast round Blacca woods and Houndskirk Moor followed by Barnsley Hospice Midnight Walk and then the girls went on to the Do it for Dawson fundraising day in aid of The Tenage Cancer Trust

ThePinkster

Nope, it’s an Ei Shock battery.

atlaz
    Free Member

Pretty much the same. Dry Friday Pass’portes, wet Saturday one.

jonba
    Free Member

Did the C2C from Whitehaven to Tynemouth on Saturday. 9h55 back wheel leaving the sea at whitehaven to front wheel hitting it in Tynemouth. Loved the riding but it was tough – did a mix of road on NCN 7 and offroad (Waskerley way and NCN14) on a cx bike.

http://app.strava.com/activities/63624632

schmiken

Thetford ten hour pairs Summer Enduro. Dry, dusty, flat and fast.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

After ~6 weeks off the bike due to holidays, work, ill child etc I got out last night for 90 minutes of cheek around South Halifax. Took a hipflask with me, didn’t see a soul and rode some nice stuff including Stairway To Hell, Babyhead Alley and Wireworks…

Just nice to be back on the bike again… was starting to lose the love a bit!

turq

Got blown to bits at the ‘Ard Rock Enduro. Great take on the Enduro concept though and a big ol’ loop

TiRed

100km club ride Saturday, mainly solo after being dropped by the fast group and not having time for the cafe stop. 60km ride back through Surrey after a nice family day out at Frencham Ponds. No mtb action.

discoduck
    Free Member

Did Dalby in the heat, it still makes my legs ache like hell towards the end 😈

Plenty of unhappy cyclists on the trail moaning about the length before we even got to Dixons hollow, one chap even asked if we were near the end yet ? so in response to other posts ref MAMATS ? some dont even know how far they are riding ?

Others that we passed were already in the car park by the time we had fiished ? looking forward to CYB visit in the next few weeks !

stewartc
    Free Member

Did some local Lantau trails though had to get out at 7am to avoid the heat, very hot and struggling to handle the steep climbs with my new 1×10 setup I headed back early, pity cuss its been damper than an Otters pocket for the last couple of months and I wanted to enjoy nice dry trails.

On a brighter not though the Bell Super does an incredible job of keeping my head cool.

mrphil
    Free Member

Couple of trips to Llandegla and back, and never fell off which is a bonus.

Pic from Saturdays trip….

And one from Sunday…

trevron73
    Free Member

South downs Epic, well standard route for me, great weather great route. I completed it on a 1997 Cannondale “beast of the east” with rim brakes. The descents were interesting and the road cassette made the climbs a chore but the bike behaved perfectly .

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

A Muddy@rse blast around Friston on Sunday. Lots of tired happy riders at the end.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Gisburn my first proper ride since my injury I sustained in Feb. Was nice to have a go of the skills loop, the snake, swoopy and the Hope Line. My first time on these bits. Hully Gully was ace, I like how the surface is quite bumpy now after the big germs. Makes it more challenging. Had a great day, weather was good, loads ofdust but loads of midges.

My love for mountain biking is back 🙂 taking a trip to Darwen tower tomoz, as we had a walk up there Saturday and it’s so dry and dusty. Summer this year is ace so far.

ononeorange

Mate had to bail from our “very long midsummer ride” on Saturday and Mrs O was in London, so I did a more sedate version on my own – started north of Stokenchurch and rode down to the Thames at Mapledurham, then along it to Goring and back. Wasn’t too tired at the end which was pleasing, but it was pretty unimpressive compared to what some of you managed above – just 54 miles and 4,500 feet of climbing.

Found a load of riders coming the other way in a muddy section near Woodcote – it turned out there was an event on. I’ve never seen so many riders in one day round there – must have been 30 or so. Where were you all last week when I had a 10 mile trudge in the rain owing to pump malfunction?!! (ie it was in the wrong Camelbak).

Out for a hot date (with Mrs O) in the evening at a fantastic pub. Great food, beer wine.

Sunday did the garden, fixed a window, mowed neighbours lawns and went for a quick 18 mile pootle. Lovely.

vickypea
    Free Member

I went out for 3 hours on my own on Sat for a local ride including Macc Forest and Cumberland Brook. Only saw about 4 other MTB-ers.

bigbloke
    Free Member

12 of us went to Nant yr Arian and did Syfydrin next day Coed y Brenin Beast or MBR depending on their legs. Both days superb .

tonyd

Got my eldest (3.5) going on his pedal bike, cracking.

Russell96

Llandegla to Prestatyn along the Clwyds on Sunday, 68km with about 1750m of climbing but 1950m of descending 🙂 then a 30km ride home from the finish, I’m well goosed now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Trail running.

I’m in training for a few events later in the year, MrsBouy has expressed an interest in doing one of them so whilst I do my 22k loop she joins me on 10k’s of it then picks me up when I’ve completed my distance. So Sat was hard training along my local trails up into the Sth Downs where I ended up doing a loop around Upham/Owelsburry along some excellent footpaths which lead nowhere in particular, this I like. I like just running along trails with no destination in mind.
    It was very hot, I sweat a lot, I found some very nice farmers who let me top my water bottle up.
    Sun was local, more MrsBouy focused than me, so I let her dictate the route and we both enjoyed deep woods action and revelled in the ferns and pine and musty damp wooded smells, perfect.

😀

trailhound
    Free Member

Any route info on that 1 Russell?

MrSparkle

20 odd people. 7 pubs.

crispo
    Free Member

I was at a wedding in Keswick so mine went like this.

Massive reunion Friday night which ended up out of hand. Some how I managed to make it up at 7.30 for a blast along the c2c to Threlkeld then up blease road to Lonscale Fell. Back along and down Lattrigg to bring me back in 1.20 for a full English and Buck’s Fizz! Cracking ride with an awesome jumpy down hill at the end!

The rest of the day was spent drinking, eating and enjoying a great day!

Sunday was a right off with a cheeky couple of recovery pints on Sunday afternoon, a curry and an early night!

rOcKeTdOg

enjoyed the UK summer

sargey

Brown Clee Hill on sunday morning.Good fun watching scott go over the bars three times,he’s walking like earl from the wonga adverts this morning 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 29 – What did you do?’ is closed to new replies.