Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Monday Karma debate
  • anony
    Free Member

My question – Should you hope karma will come through, but fear it may never not, or should you give karma a helping hand by telling the truth?

I fell in love with a person this year, they left their spouse. This person then left me for someone else a few months later.

The person and their ex spouse are going through divorce proceedings. Shall I tell them the truth and show them the evidence? Or should I live and let live? I know I sound a jealous ex, I suppose I am.

I don’t know what to do? A little part of me still loves this person, but the rest of me thinks they shouldn’t get away with it.

wwaswas

what’s the truth that will affect the divorce? That they left their spouse for you?

anony
    Free Member

Yes, that they had an affair with me

wwaswas

it’ll probably hurt their soon-to-be-ex-husband/wife more than the person who had the affair with you. Why spread the misery further?

cynic-al
    Free Member

MOVE ON.

/thread closed/

anony
    Free Member

The ex will lose a lot of money, house and possibly business.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

So, you stole someone’s wife, and you are questioning if you should give Karma a helping hand?

I’d be hoping that Karma was no where to be seen if I were you! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, you stole someone’s wife, and she then dumped you.

FTFY. Karma’s a bitch, ain’t she?

wwaswas

and you’re bitter because someone who would have an affair with you would then proceed to have an affair with someone else?

anony
    Free Member

Karma already got to me, why they left me for someone else

cynic-al
    Free Member

AFAIK “fault” in a divorce is no longer relevant as regards dividing assets, tho it may of course ****-off the wronged party.

I presume that’s what you think you might achieve?

anony
    Free Member

Thank you all so far. Yes your comments are helping me think rationally.

anony
    Free Member

The ex was at fault to begin with. I came along and gave the person the strength to leave

footflaps

I’d just walk away, the divorce is between them, nothing to do with you (now).

Rockape63
    Free Member

sounds like you’re well out of it anyway.

anony
    Free Member

Agreed, thank you. Sometimes you just need it pointing out that you’re having a stupid thought

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

live and let live. you’re just opening yourself up to even more shit by getting further involved.

go find another woman and get all loved up there and forget the ex – she doesn’t sound like much of a catch tbh.

footflaps

go find another woman and get all loved up there and forget the ex

+1

KINGTUT
    Free Member

14 years ago I left my first wife and son for my current wife by the end of this week she will have left me taking my daughter with her.

What goes around comes around.

mattk
    Free Member

When things get emotional, and especially when jealousy or revenge is a motivation, just apply one simple rule.

‘Will my actions bring about a positive result?’ if this answer is no your probably doing it for the wrong reasons.

grievoustim
    Free Member

as mentioned above – these days it makes no difference to anything

They will have picked a grounds for divorce – either adultery or “unreasonable behaviour”. Which one is used and who did what to who makes no difference to the financial end of things

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nothing good will come from you creating a shit storm in her life

get over it and move on

yunki
    Free Member

the rest of me thinks they shouldn’t get away with it.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone..

get over yourself innit..? Move on

jam-bo

childish jealousy does not equate to karma.

dan1980
    Free Member

The thing that confounds me is that people who “aquire” a partner who is already in a relationship seem to think that this forms a good foundation on which to begin a new relationship.

If a person is prepared to cheat on an existing partner, what makes folk think that they won’t be prepared to do the same thing further down the line?

elzorillo
    Free Member

The ex was at fault to begin with. I came along and gave the person the strength to leave

So you encouraged someone to leave their partner then feel the victim when she leaves you? hehehhe

brakes
    Free Member

the only way that karma will be in balance is if you make some cash out of this situation. I think that’s how karma works.

patriotpro
    Free Member

OP – are you female?

TheFopster
    Free Member

Agree with posters so far. Nobody’s life is improved by you stepping into the separation proceedings. I think it would be best for you to leave well alone and know that you did the right thing. Plus that knowledge may help boost your self image which could work wonders if you are thinking you might want to meet somebody new…

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Leave it alone and all the time you would spend getting involved spend riding your bike instead.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Monday Karma debate’ is closed to new replies.