Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Monday Bight Pub Ride – Sept 1st
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any plans?

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Whatever the plan ends up being, I’m in.

binners

Hora is taking everyone on his favourite route, then buying everyone a pint in the pub afterwards

binners

We’ve not been over Darwen way for a while. There was talk of a start from the Royal in Tockholes. Any of the locals want to volunteer for route guiding duties? If not, I know it well enough to put a route together

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

im hoping to make my debut on one of these on the 8th. hopefully it’ll be out of Rammy…?

tthew

Apart from a couple of existing diary entries, I’ve promised not to plan any trips out until the decorating in the front room is complete. This sounds like a candidate for Man Card revocation I know, but it will provide the impetus I need to get the job done.

See you after Christmas. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

I should be there on the 1st. I’ve sent a text to Mr Sparkle in case he’s free on Monday and can lead us on a merry dance around Darwen.

dazh

Darwen’s another place I’ve not had the pleasure of yet so sounds like a good plan.

For future dates, If anyone fancies a trip over the border I think I know the Todmorden stuff well enough now to put something together. Although I’m sure the other Tod/Walsden people will probably do a better job.

footstomper
    Free Member

Might be able to make this one, will check to make sure no other commitments first.
    If Mr Sparkle is not available I am sure I can find you some decent tracks around my Home Turf.
    Let me know the distances you usually do on a Monday and I will put something together. Not sure the Royal is open on a Monday will check this out, if not then we can start from the Sunnyhurst Pub and have a few Real Ales after 😀

Bregante

Hora is taking everyone on his favourite route, then buying everyone a pint in the pub afterwards

*Checks date.

*Concludes that binners’ comment is 7 months early.

Oh and with regards to Monday, put me down as an unlikely.

Harry_the_Spider

Anything?

I could do one out of Prestwich if anyone is interested.

binners

The usual 8.15 at the Church Harry?

Harry_the_Spider

Yep.

gaze
    Free Member

How about the Ainsworth Arms at the top of Halliwell Road in Bolton ? Go up winter Hill and back down again. It’s serves lovely beer there. Yum yum .

Harry_the_Spider

Can we do that next week?

I’ve had 4 weeks off and the prospect of Winter Hill on legs full of beer and cream teas isn’t particularly appealing.

gaze
    Free Member

Ok ,See you at the church in.

binners

You bringing up the rear with me tomorrow then Harry?

Harry_the_Spider

Bringing up my tea would be closer to reality I suspect.

Bregante

The mind is willing but I’m afraid the body is unlikely to make it tomorrow 🙁

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*is confuse*

What’s the plan?

binners

I think that the plan (such as it is) is to meet at The Church at 8.15.

Theres plenty of decent stuff round there, especially if we have a run up the valley. Then a pint in the Church afterwards

I think I’m going to have to have a tyre change before this evening. I reckon the Small Block 8’s would be suitably suicidal given the amount of rain its put down

jonjones262
    Free Member

I was hoping to make it today, but won’t now. 🙁

might bring the Demo up next Monday for one final Strava fest on San Marino.

Got my time down to 3.02 2 weeks ago. 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OK. Sounds fun – can anyone give me a lift from Bradford or nearby?

dazh

Not out tonight unfortunately. The Mrs is still laid up with a malfunctional knee and it’s the kids first day at the new school tomorrow so I’m on dad duties.

Back next week…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Okey-dokey, no worries.

Clover, Chipps?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Afternoon chaps.

I’m afraid i wont get out tonight but will try and get along for a ride in the next week or two. Have a good one!

Harry_the_Spider

Good run fellas.

First bike ride in a month and my ass is letting me know about it right now. 😐

binners

‘Twas indeed a good ‘un! The summer suicide tyres are coming off tomorrow. I was like Bambi on ice round there tonight!

Just eaten my own body weight in cheese on toast with Worcester sauce though. Every cloud…. 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Monday Bight Pub Ride – Sept 1st’ is closed to new replies.