Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Monarch Rt3 Knocking
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Im getting a knocking noise when my shock compresses, it all seems to be working fine and its had a full service and no issues mentioned. I thought it must have been pivots or something but ive replaced all bearings, greased and re-torqued everything and the noise is still there. It doesnt happen when the the shock is locked out. Its on a 2013 Mega tr. Anyone else have this with the rt3?

thedude
    Free Member

I had the exact same issue as you on my nukeproof mega tr also fine when locked out. It was sent back to sram and replaced with the new debonair version.

bigpins
    Free Member

is it only on compression or rebounding stroke?

windysurfer
    Free Member

I’m currently chasing a knocking noise and have also replaced/check all pivot and bearings.I’m now wondering if my RT3 is the problem? Is your the Debonair?

darrenspink
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/does-everyone-monarch-have-a-knock

On trail mode my has a slight knock feeling to it, but its normal. The 2014 I had before this one kept developing a big knocking problem and was sent back twice before being replaced.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Its just on compression, it happens even if i just push down on the frfame slightyly, you dont have to move it far through its travel for it to do it. Mines not the debonair version, its gotta be a couple of years old now so doubt i could send it back under warranty, nice new debonair version would be good though!

jakehinton
    Free Member

Mine is out of warranty but crc say to send it back so sram can have a look at it but ill have to pay for any repairs? Not sure if its worth it or not as it means no bike for a bit and it all seems to function ok, its just annoying. If im going to have to pay for any repairs is it going to work out cheaper/easier just to get a new shock?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Monarch Rt3 Knocking’ is closed to new replies.