Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Monarch or CCDB
  • ravingdave

as title really: a Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 Debon Air or Cane Creek Double Barrel? its a possible upgrade on an On One Codeine; so as it costs only £50 more is it worth it?

AlexSimon

Remember the CCDB wont have a climb switch.
    Depending on how you like switches this could be a pro or a con.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

For £50 yes dont worry about the CS codeine has one of the very best 1x pedaling platforms, it’s very efficient.

ravingdave

cheers guys, is it a worthwhile upgrade? the ability to play with knobs(tee hee!) could well end up making me ruin the bike rather than benefiting me!

chrishc777
    Free Member

CCDB all the way. The knobs are all allen keys jobbies purposely to stop you fettling it unnecessarily.

ravingdave

thanks Chris,

I’m not great with suspension and as its an online purchase no local shops will be ‘keen’ to help out. does it come with a comprehensive manual to assist the idiot?

AlexSimon

Good manuals online and a few threads discussing ‘base’ settings for the Codeine that you could use as a fall-back.
    I don’t think on-one themselves ever released a base tune like the said they would though. Prepared to be corrected as I’m not an owner – just kept an eye on here.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think on-one had some base setups from their pros. They should be available on request.

chrishc777
    Free Member

You get a tuning guide and a pencil with the shock. It is very good and takes you through the process step by step, folloed by an extensive trouble shooting section You can’t really go wrong!

Someone’ll give you a base tune and work from there. You could even find a bike with similar linkage and leverage ratio and use that as a starting point, the guide will get you to the right place.

Just make sure you set sag correctly first or you’ll be fighting a losing battle!

ravingdave

right i’m convinced!

I will phone On One and get it added to my order and make sure to ask that they include all the words so I have a fighting chance of knowing what’s going on.

cheers all

bigjim

I’m not sure if you can service the cane creek yourself, but you can do a monarch yourself without sending it away, if that is relevant.

paul123
    Free Member

Just been through the same decision with a mega AM. I spoke to TFT to get their view. They said CCDB by far due to general quality, adjustability to fit other bikes in the future but that it just head much better damping.

Always thought the monarch plus was a pretty good shock so looking forward to trying the CCDB.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Monarch or CCDB’ is closed to new replies.