Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Monarch – Bike bags weight limits changes – a heads up
  • julians
    Free Member

Just in case people are not aware, from 1st November 2014 Monarch will be reducing their bag bag max weight limit from an already very tight 20kg to a stupid 15kg.

see below for info

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/sports-equipment-scheduled

My bike + bag with nothing else in it at all, comes in at a smidge under 20kg, but theres no way it’ll get under 15kg. Hell my road bike + bag would struggle to fit under 15kg.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol that kills their market. I can’t get the blur LTc in an evoc down to 20Kg

astrozombies
    Free Member

£10 per kilo over the limit too. Idiots!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

astrozombies – Member
    £10 per kilo over the limit too. Idiots!

No it’s just they don’t want to take bikes/oversize or luggage etc. Bikes are oversize and awkward especially if they don’t all fit in. Luggage is expensive to handle and takes time. If you can make people travel with hand luggage only (then confiscate big bags at the gate for a fee and chuck them in the hold) it will be more efficient.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Me and my pals went to switchbacks in Spain this year with them paid extra for another 10kg and spoke to customer service who said they are looking to raise it again… Would problem go back to easy jet next year

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Monarch – Bike bags weight limits changes – a heads up’ is closed to new replies.