Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Molgrips continental Europe bike wash torment version 2.0 and gallic shrug
  • iDave
    Free Member

I have just been told off by assorted Swiss-French people, including the apartment concierge, for washing my bike out the front, with the apartment garden hose etc. It was great shrugging a bit when I knew what they were saying, then as the suds were being rinsed I pretended that I finally understood and said I was really sorry. None of the garages here seem to have jet washes, hence I only did what I had to do. My bike is now fast again.

donsimon
    Free Member

Funny buggers the Europeans.

defydude
    Free Member

In other news, Jimmy Savile has died.

RealMan
    Free Member

Next time?

iDave
    Free Member

The only thing that prevented RealMans scenario was not knowing when owner of apartment would return.

oddjob
    Free Member

I used to clean mine in the basment by the washing machine in my appartment in Grenoble. I did it I’m the middle of the night to avoid getting found out as the one who got mud and oil up the walls 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, I assume they didn’t know quite who they were talking to. Surprised they didn’t to be honest. And you didn’t tell them either.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not being from mainland europe and consequently unfamiliar with local protocols, why were they making such a fuss?

iDave
    Free Member

DD they kept saying, ‘vous êtes financé par le comptable mortelle Darcy, oui?

I’m having some t-shirts and banners printed saying ‘vous ne savez pas qui je suis?’

allthepies
    Free Member

Pah, for the molgrips effect you need to be on the 20th floor jet washing the bike on a balcony right above the communal washing line 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They don’t like our Direct Debit system then iDave? 🙂

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

And they’re not getting rid of cheques either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Molgrips continental Europe bike wash torment version 2.0 and gallic shrug’ is closed to new replies.