Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Moley moley moley! Dermatological worries content
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Just been for a check up and been told the four moles on my back are irregular so have to have em off. I was also told no mountain biking for 2 weeks afterwards but the appointment will be on May 5th so I still get a bank holiday’s worth of biking in.

Anyone had this done? Anything to worry about?

thomthumb
    Free Member

had some outa my head – was riding the next day. It’s not painful at all.

there is two ways to remove it – scalpel or quartize it. i had mine scalpeled becasue of where they were – but i hear reliably that quarterization is equally unpainful.

ollie
    Free Member

I’ve had one removed from my back, Took about 10-15 mins, Totally painless.
    Didn’t stop me doing anything afterwards.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dawson

i lost may dad (9 years ago) to cancer that started off from a malignant melonoma on his knee.

as a result, I had a large mole (1 pence diameter) removed from my upper right arm as a precaution.

they sliced it out and i had a few stiches to put it back together. becuase it was right on the bicep area it felt like i had ‘dead-arm’ for a couple of days.

i keep a close eye on some others that i have in case they seem to change shape/colour.

get it sorted sharpish – all the best.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Have them out ASAP! Too much time in the sun out there? I spent most of my younger years near-naked in the sun on bikes and in the sea, constantly paranoid about moles but cant resist the sun (I have other mild skin issues that vastly improve with sun) but recently a friend of the family was taken out in a matter of 4 months by what started as a dodgy mole, because he left it untreated.

Keva
    Free Member

there’s a caterpillar on yer head

donald
    Free Member

Nothing to worry about. You’ll be in and out in a few minutes but you may have a couple of stitches.

They’ll send the tissue to the lab for tests so you can expect a follow up appointment to discuss the results.

Must be all that expensive moisturising cream you use 🙂

anokdale
    Free Member

Had one cut out from my back, 3 stitches and rode back from the hospital. Paranoid now because my dad has had some bad ones appear and has had to have grafts. Get em checked out folks.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers for the info. For record I use a lot of suncream when out riding and am no sunbather as I normally just burn up.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just have to keep an eye on them and it depends on where they are. Mate of mine had one on join of shoulder had it off, was skin cancer and couldn’t go anythign for 6 weeks however they had caught it very early. She had a larger area chopped out and no problems now at all. Just keep an eye and no more sitting in the sun .. hide away!

Pale and pasty rules!

rOcKeTdOg

They’ll send the tissue to the lab for tests

that’s what i do for a living that is (amongst other tissues!)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I can see my sample ending up as RD’s photo a day pic if he’s the analyst who receives them. Even my moles are higly photogenic 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

mine looked manky in the jar; the fact that it was still hairy didn’t help!

rOcKeTdOg

I can see my sample ending up as RD’s photo a day pic if he’s the analyst who receives them

oooh no! patient confidentiality and all that

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah yes, true. Just your own skin abberations then for us to “enjoy” 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Moley moley moley! Dermatological worries content’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts