Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moles, (water) voles and buzzards….
  • MoreCashThanDash

plus 4 species of ducks, plus the usual mix of swans, geese, coots and moorhens – all on my commute home tonight. 😀

I’m sure someone on here will be along to report stags, tigers and herds of majestic wildebeest sweeping across the plain, but I thought it was quite a good haul for an early evening commute from Nottingham to Ilkeston!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I looked out of the window at the back earlier, and saw a rat – so at least yours is a tiny bit more colourful.

Karl33to
    Free Member

awww, was hoping this was a recipe!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonetothehills
    Free Member

I got investigated by some bats just after dark tonight – it was fantastic. I had the usual sheep / rabbit / pheasant fare on my 22 miles each way commute today – it’s mainly quiet lanes, so very low traffic / high widlife ratio. So saying, at least two frogs / toads were showing in glorious 2D having met some of the ‘low traffic’ – scant consolation to them.

The bats appeared from behind on a very quiet bit of open road and swooped in front of me down towards the light, then up and off – three times at least. It might have been three bats, or the same one coming back for another look. Great fun.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Can genuinely report stags – 3 extremely large guys with mega antlers, even stopped long enough for us to take photos – while riding on Dunwich Heath in Suffolk a couple of years ago. Often encounter smaller deer (raced a munti for quarter of a mile in the middle of the snow and ice in winter 09/10), and at the moment, hares – wonderful beasts, entirely different to bunnies who just zip accross the trail infront of your wheels.

And then there’s the dog walkers…………..

Kuco

You did pretty well to see a water vole.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Moles, (water) voles and buzzards….’ is closed to new replies.