Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MOJO riders, what size stem? and Gravity dropper seat posts!!
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

I am trying to improve the "chuckabilty" of my Mojo to be more like that of a Patriot 66 I have recently had stolen, and was riding alot. I love the Mojo for climbing and all day rides, although due to lack of time, I am mainly riding trail centres. I am 6 2' and ride an Xlarge mojo, but the Patriot was an 18". So frame is much bigger, but I carn't really help that. Current stem is a Thomson 10 degree at 90mm, so I can reduce that, also thinking a Gravity dropper post might help, as I am just way to high and feel like I'm going over on desents.

Any advice welcome, the other option is flog it and buy and 18" Five frame.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I'm 6'4 and run a 'Large' Scott frame (no idea how big it is but they do an XL too).

I run a 130mm 40 degree stem and a joplin-r (used to use a gd).

With the steep stem the bars are just below the seat height when the post is at it's max position (the length of the stem is a bit counter-intuitive as it's so steep it brings the bars up and back rather than forward).

For me it's spot on.

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Looking at a Joplin, is it okay with the mud and dirt in winter?

Northwind

The gravity dropper's pretty nice, sure it's agricultural but that's why it works so well. But at the end of the day it doesn't do anything you can't do just by lowering a standard post, it just does it better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MOJO riders, what size stem? and Gravity dropper seat posts!!’ is closed to new replies.