Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mojo HD, owners, ex-owners, fanbois etc..
  • vinnyeh

Has anyone who loved the HD ridden anything else with a similar focus and versatility which is a significantly better, fun or more competent ride than one of these?

I’ve had mine for 4 years now, which is quite a while, and I know there’s been big changes in bikes in the interim- is there anything thats’s really worthwhile moving on to?

LoCo
    Free Member

Loved the one I had for a week in Torridon, only thing I’d say is compared to current crop of enduro bikes is the top tube is quite short and headangle is a bit steeper.

However if there is nothing wrong with it why change. The DW backends are great.

ojom
    Free Member

Hey Vince

Still got mine. Only better thing I have tried is the Ripley. You’d think I would have one but I can’t justify it.

Even with the rate I get I can’t move the HD on just yet.

MarkD.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Scapegoat

I have a 2012 version, not the most gnarrcore of riders, but. Love the way it feels so solid. As LoCo says,the rear end is as sweet as Felicity Kendal’s, it climbs well, descends very very well and is a sheer delight to ride. I can’t think of anything I want to ride that it won’t deal with, and I have a feeling I will rarely if ever find its limits. Set up 140/160 with 2×10 and a reverb, Hope on Flows, it weighs 30lb. It was a bit of a treat for me when I bought the frame and built it up. If I’m honest with myself its all the bike I will ever need, and will be ridden into the ground. The 650b and 29er thing has made my mind up on that front. .. it would cost too much to replace for no real benefit.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat now, I’ve owned my 2012 for just over a year now bought from a fellow forum member. I never get tired of how solid it feels over drops and jumps yet it still so light it can be pedalled all day. The only thing edging me to change it is the slightly short TT for me as a prefer a longer frame, there isn’t much in it but i’d like an extra 2cm to ofset a 50mm stem. I rode a Bronson and the Newmad a few weeks back to back with the HD and the Mojo held it’s own. The Bronson felt harsh in comparison if a little quicker up hill.

d45yth
    Free Member

Unless you’re wanting to give bigger wheels a go, just ride your HD into the ground.
    The best thing I ever did with mine was get the suspension custom-tuned, but maybe that’s just because I don’t weigh much. I’ve always planned on trying one of those headsets that let you slacken things out, too…not that I feel it needs it, just to see what the difference is like.

mikeep
    Free Member

Lucky enough to own an HD and Ripley. Popped a monarch plus (custom tuned) onto it and it transformed the suspension. Love riding the ripley tho’ so don’t get out on the HD anymore.

toons
    Free Member

owned a HD and loved it + the customer service from 2pure was top notch.

Once i tried the bigger wheels I couldn’t go back. Now riding an Enduro 29er and absolutely love it.

julians
    Free Member

Owned my hd since 2011, have an angleset on it also, taking1.5 deg off the headangle and making the wheelbase a fair bit longer.

Have a ccdb air shock, plus a coil fork (marz 55 rc3 ti), and it rides very nicely, will do everything, xc rides, alps, uplift, etc, no need for any other bike.its just so versatile

Every now and again I think about replacing it, but I dont think anyone has moved things on in a big enough way to make expense worthwhile, so I think ill keep it for a few years yet.

stoney
    Free Member

Gone from a Ti 456 (which i crashed off in Feb and didnt ride it again) till now, Got the HDR….warning, colourful content!!!! 😆

Oh My !!! what a hoot…..Never mind the 6 months off the MTB it was just like nothing had ever happened. It climbs great, so much grip and allthough a little tentative at first soon was hooning down stuff and taking lines that would have upset the other bike. The sheer difference in speed is ridiculous!!!! 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD, owners, ex-owners, fanbois etc..’ is closed to new replies.