Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Moisturiser
  • Conor
    Free Member

What manly moisturiser/face balm type product to keep my young, sensitive skin soft and smelling delightful after I shave in the mornings? I have

This own brand Tesco stuff just doesn’t do it.

binners

I us Adidas stuff

L’oreal if you’re ‘worth it’ though? Are you?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I recommend – L’orela Hydro Active Turbo V12 Regenerist Big Dickinator Horsepower Vroom Explode Chainsaw Face Oil. Because it sounds manly like man stuff, like shaving with a shard of shrapnel which you’ve just pulled out of your leg…. as opposed to girly like woman stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

King of Shaves

Nivea for Men

Boots No 7 for Men

(God bless all those dull relatives who buy bargain bucket toiletry sets as Xmas presents!)

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I don’t bother with any of that nonsense. In fact, I dry shave with a wet shaver 😯

…..cos I is right hard

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

My old man uses uddermint.

It’s a cream you put on the teats of suckling sows when the piglets chew them up. Its antiseptic for any cuts, smells of mint and leaves your face as smooth as a sows teat!

Hard to beat.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

grizzlygus – Member
    I don’t bother with any of that nonsense. In fact, I dry shave with a wet shaver

…..cos I is right hard

Seconded. I normally aggravate the nearest grizzly bear by sticking my thumb up his ass until rips the hair off my face with his powerful canines.

I have to provoke the grizzly with the afformentioned ass thumb move because grizzlys naturally fear me, in the same way that polar bears fear grizzlys.

tinsy
    Free Member

I used to wake up and my skin looked OK no matter how much I drank, I have never suffered dry skin and could happlly wash in petrol with no ill effects, then I hit 40 and now I wake up wizend and with a face like a rusty BBQ….

I got whatever moisturiser it is the wife bought me……. I wouldnt bother but my face would crack open if I didnt.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve had to use moisturiser since the first time I shaved or I ended up looking like a rusty BBQ 🙂 But then I do have odd skin that doesnt like contact with water (I can bathe in oil, grease, petrol, even acetone etc all day and have no issues but if I have 2 showers in a day my skin goes mental, regardless of soap used) – only sea water or nivea for me I’m afraid. (I kid you not).

druidh
    Free Member

Body Shop do a “Face Protector” for men. Sounds a bit less ghey. They also do a high-SPF version.

roper
    Free Member

V8 POWER SERGE VOLCANIC OIL!! For MEN who like to LIVE, Experience IT ALL and THINK SMART!!!FOR MEN!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw on one o’ dem panel shows how the men’s products are all given “manly” names such as “Face Protector”…it went on for a few minutes and was funny. I use the King Of Shaves, though was bought a present of Clinique Face Scrub and Moisturiser by my mate (how metrosexual are we??!!) and it’s lovely. Mrs deadly swears the KoS stuff is better than women’s stuff three time the price.

Richie_B

Moisturiser? I use H2O by Severn Trent (I prefer Yorkshire Water but the pipes don’t stock it round here)

Conor
    Free Member

I’ll try the king of shaves. I have a Dead Sea Minerals face scrub/balm type thing. It softens the skin quite well but leave it dry. Is the king of shaves not very pungent? I like a subtle scent…

conkerman
    Free Member

King of shaves 24/8 is awesome. Haven’t seen it for ages though.

lunge

King of shaves, the gel stuff, best stuff i have ever used.

lowey

E45.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

It depends whether you believe the marketing hype or not. Personally I use clarins for men, accompanied by clinique for men oil free anti-shine, as well as their pore minimiser and m-cover stick.

For the rest of me I use kiehls creme de corps which I rate highly, especially immediately post shower.

Whether any of them work any better than the 500ml pots of aqueous bp you can get from boots for £4 is open to question, probably not hugely, maybe not even marginally.

chakaping
    Free Member

Vaseline moisturiser, the yellowish tub.

Very good for shaving rash and not too girlie or blokey (if that’s important).

mrmojo
    Free Member

Wash the ole face with Molton Brown face wash then apply Molton Brown .. Daily skin defence .. smooth as a baby’s backside !!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Whether any of them work any better than the 500ml pots of aqueous bp you can get from boots for £4 is open to question, probably not hugely, maybe not even marginally.

IME massively better. E45 and the likes act like glue IMO. Depends on your problem. I dont find any help for shaving rash!

JonW
    Free Member

Clinique Post Shave healer works well for me. Non too smelly and aloe vera sorts our any nicks or razor burn.

Conor
    Free Member

Shaving rash, rather than dry skin is my problem, esp on my neck. Really sore today, right at the edge of my collar! Another reason why I hate suits…

No ladies able to advise on what feels best to them?

emac65
    Free Member

WTF,is this thread for real ?
    Men & moisturiser, I don’t even wanna go there…..

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

This is on my desk…

I am all too aware how bad this looks – not least because it all lives in a little dove-grey leather Molton Brown bag 🙁

Oh, and there’s some Clarins lipbalm in my coat pocket, some Molton Brown showergel in the office shower (continues in this vein for some time…)

AB
    Free Member

For skin smooth as a babies derriere:

As you were.

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for E45.

druidh
    Free Member

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Oh… And, of course, I assume most us have some cuticle scissors and cuticle oil in their desk draw too!

I have got lovely nails though 😉

Conor
    Free Member

Ok, tarka, you have let us all down!! My moisturiser lives in my work backpack along side a screw driver, pen knife and some condoms. Not a beige wash bag!!

miketually
    Free Member

WTF,is this thread for real ?
    Men & moisturiser, I don’t even wanna go there…..

Seconded.

Moisturiser would make my beard greasy.

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

It’s not that bad really – I’ve got a dead-butch rufty-tufty work backpack with a Leatherman in it too – it’s made by Rapha (digs self further into deeeep hole)

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Conor – Member
    Ok, tarka, you have let us all down!! My moisturiser lives in my work backpack along side a screw driver, pen knife and some condoms. Not a beige wash bag!!

Do you plan on torturing someone before greasing them up and raping them?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Pure tap water (as pure as tap water is before any pedants have a go)…. I still look young enough at 37! No wrinkles, no grey hair, all my own teeth 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pure tap water (as pure as tap water is before any pedants have a go)…. I still look young enough at 37! No wrinkles, no grey hair, all my own teeth

Oooooooooooh, get you girlfriend!!!!

GrahamS

L’Oreal Men Expert here.
    Feels nice, smells nice, makes my wife randy. I don’t really see a downside.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

GrahamS
    L’Oreal Men Expert here.
    Feels nice, smells nice, makes my wife randy. I don’t really see a downside.

Everyone now knows how to make your wife randy?

GrahamS

I thought they all knew already?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Everyone now knows ho to make your wife randy?

Word down the pub is that it’s never taken much

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Moisturiser’ is closed to new replies.