Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • modifying fox forks? is it possible?
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

I have a set of Fox float 34 R forks that i got with a new bike about 6 months ago. However I am really wishing now that i had upgraded them to have a lock out. Is it possible to do this as an aftermarket addition? or is my only choice to sell them and buy a new set ;( Any advice appreciated

cynic-al
    Free Member

don’t think there is an aftermarket fit – call tft or mojo.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Does anybody require lockout so much that they’re prepared to lose shed loads of cash selling a fork only to buy a new one?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Pretty sure you’ll need a new damper assembly, which won’t be cheap.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

No didnt really want to sell and buy a new set, i am very happy with the forks (Actually 32”s sorry typo) But just wondered if upgrading them was possible, as occasionally the lock out would be really nice to have.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I had some float R forks from 2003, I think. Anyway the performance was starting to show somewhat when compared with newer floats and they tended to be a bit divey under braking. They had been well looked after and were in tip top condition. I phoned mojo and for £120 bought a new, 2007 at the time, RLC dampener for the fork. I fitted it and the rebound/compression was/is a considerable improvement over the 2003 R dampener.
    They probably cost more now, and if you can’t fit it yourself it’ll cost a lot more, as Mojo will fit it but they’ll want to service it at the same time. Very very easy to fit it yourself though. I never use lockout but I prefer a little more compression dampening than the factory setting.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

mojo can do it call them, prob wont need a service if they’ve bin looked after, just fitting new cartridge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘modifying fox forks? is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.