Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Modified day van insurance?
  • motorman
    Free Member

Any pointer for who to try for van insurance if the vehicle has been modified, but isn’t technically a campervan?

Stoner
    Free Member

try lifesure

Matt_SS_xc

Brentacre. They are great.

Spin
    Free Member

Try Adrian Flux.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

A-Plan
    Greenlight
    Brentacre

I’ve just had a renewal quote off Greenlight for my van and they were a good bit cheaper than anyone else.
    According to a few people I know, Adrian Flux can be fairly cheap but have patchy customer service when it comes to claiming.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Depends who flux sell you tbh.

They are a broker and wash their hands to the underwriter when there is a claim(I’ve been there and got the tee shirt) the underwriter were a complete bunch of **** and have been time and time again for others I know.

If they say markerstudy/super cover are the under writer politely decline their offer would be my advice every time.

bear-uk
    Free Member

My van is modified and the best deal I got was from Aviva. Not a campervan but it has a 500ltr water tank bolted in for window cleaning which is classed as modified.
    Adrian flux etc ended up about 95% dearer than Aviva.

mark90
    Free Member

Reading trail rats post I was thinking ‘markerstudy’…….and sure enough.

motorman
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

If they say markerstudy/super cover are the under writer politely decline their offer would be my advice every time.

That’s handy to know, I’m due to renew my insurance this week so I’ll double check with Greenlight to see who the underwriters are.

roblane65
    Free Member

another +1 for brentacre they’ve covered my t4 for a few years now
    been the best price by far.

lazybike
    Free Member

I found performance cars cheaper than lifesure…

paul4stones

Brentacre were good and relaxed about mods but Aviva cheaper this year. Trafic with seats and windows added

Lummox

Just re insured with adrian flux / market study.

Best solution given my needs but total asshats and wouldn’t recommend.

Also they were ‘ok’ when dealing with my claim but got bored of being passed around and chasing them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Modified day van insurance?’ is closed to new replies.