Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Modern Kona P2 fork & mudguard
  • molesworth

Quite a niche enquiry here. I’m running my trusty ’95 Lavadome frame as a commuter – although I’m using the modern P2 fork – not the original with the threaded steerer. I’m struggling to find a mudguard that I can mount on the front as the arch of the fork is way too high – and the mudguard ends up above the V-Brake.

I know that I can use a Crud Catcher or similar, but wondered if anyone here had a more elegant solution?

Cheers,

robdob
    Free Member

Use a strip of metal such as an old pannier stay. Use it with maybe a hole drilled in each end to effectively drop the mounting point of the mudguard down to tyre level.
    Don’t have a pic unfortunately.
    Use stainless bolts to mount either end to stop rust, with Nyloc nuts too to stop then shaking loose.

Waderider
    Free Member

More important than your mudguard question, running a ‘modern’ P2 with a larger crown race to dropout distance will slacken the frames head angle and make the steering slow. Find the proper fork and this question should disappear.

PiknMix
    Free Member

A spd cleat spacer cut in half works wonders for robdob’s idea. I’m running it on my commuter to fix the exact same problem (but on old specialized rigid not a modern p2)

aa
    Free Member

How about the bontrager mtb commuter, i have one on my cromoto which has a huge gap. They have a proper attachment and are cheap as chips.

cookeaa

I was considering just making a Fender to fit my own P2, hacking up an old celebrations Tub probably (Tis the season)…

would a “Bender Fender” type arrangement work for you or are you after a full guard?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Modern Kona P2 fork & mudguard’ is closed to new replies.