Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Modded Seiko divers…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Show me yours…

Seen some with mother-of-pearl faces on ebay, the green one with circular lume markers look lovely. I’ve been close but not bought one, yet.

Keen to see your modded Seiko / Yobokies

somafunk

This is my yobokies seiko below, although it doesn’t look like that now as the bezel is all scratched up and the glass is chipped and covered in scratches,

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nice. Have you seen the ceramic bezels? Might be a little less prone to chipping. Also seen domed coated crystal.

This was the one I was interested in:

But this is quite pretty too

somafunk

Second one is far nicer to my eyes, looks very similar to a genuine seiko diver that countzero has posted before

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I think the green face needs a green bezel insert tbh. It looks very green in that pic but others I’ve seen look more turquoise.

Saccades
    Free Member

On the phone ATM, have a 57 fff, Stargate with mm hands but it’s about to get converted to a pmmm with proper dial and sea urchin hands.

Also have white Stargate that I want a smooth bezel for.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

dlwwatches.com worth a look for parts

pmmm, upload a pic later? quite like the orange faced stargates

so much choice though. all i know is it MUST have circular hour markers. nato/maratac strap too.

Saccades
    Free Member

Pmmm not built yet, bezel on the way from yobokies. Stargate pmmm look pretty good, with addition of the bezel, the case lines look right. I’m leaving the crown and adding sea urchin hands so it’s not a blatant copy (plus sea urchin hands are better than mm300 in my eyes). Piccies up tonight.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Any details on that second diver, aphex?

Saccades
    Free Member

snzh57 FFF with brady strap

Stargate mk2 with mm300 aftermarket hands (that I don’t really like).

PMM will be this:

With this genuine mm300 dial

aphex_2k
    Free Member

mikertroid – Member
    Any details on that second diver, aphex?

yobokies i think. it’s mighty pretty. i suspect a few are not feeling the mod watch lurve!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I really wish I hadn’t clicked on that link!!

CountZero

Second one is far nicer to my eyes, looks very similar to a genuine seiko diver that countzero has posted before

It is indeed, it’s a copy of my SPORK, A short-lived model which a lot of people rather seem to like.
    And which I’m wearing at the moment, my Yema Rallygraf having gone for a mainspring repair, which will probably cost a fair bit to fix… 😐

benp1

Yobokies seiko military here, hasn’t had any wrist time since getting an Apple Watch

Clobber
    Free Member

is yobokies still operating?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yes

yobokies@yahoo.com.hk

(harold)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Finally ordered one. A little, er, individual but I like it. Super Luminova. If the faux kevlar doesn’t do it for me in real life I’ll “Hulk” it with a new face.

Will ditch the rubber strap too and stick a NATO style on it.

Kamakazie

I’ve got the Yobokies FFF mod which Saccades posted (same strap and all).
    It’s really very nice. I’ve not got any hugely expensive watches, but for the £130 I paid, it’s as eye catching as stuff I’ve seen up to the £1k mark.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

^ Mine was $130 AUD

Just sold an old Citizen Eco-Drive for $80 (in an attempt to reduce my watch collection. W+1 I guess!)

IHN

These are (mostly) all nice and all, but I don’t think you can beat the original. It’s just a design classic (IMO obvs)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Design classic, for sure. A bit like anything really. One man’s “gopping” is another’s “gorgeous”.

(I’ve got a “classic” looking Citizen diver, plain old black but the crown stem has broken. Got quoted $140 to fix, clean and pressure test it. A new one is less than $100!). Found another place that will repair it for $25 but wifey keeps forgetting to take it in!

ninfan
    Free Member

This may be the best place to ask, since the thread has popped up about seiko’s, but any advice on the best place to sell this and what it might be worth?

I got it new in ’97, It’s been sitting in a drawer for several years, battery went flat and was taken out to find a new one, but I just never got round to it. I understand there’s a bit of a market for these ones (even more so for the Issued ones) so any advice greatfully received.

IHN

Stealth ad is stealthy 😉

I might be interesting, depending on price.

ninfan
    Free Member

No, genuinely wasn’t, I just had no idea – however theres this one being sold on the other place that is a non runner, so that should give me an idea of what its worth:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152508118897?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I’m going to nip in and get a battery fitted later this week, so then I will at least know if its running/accurate and have an idea what to ask for it.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ninfan the lume is damaged a tad on one of the hands which is indicative of some moisture. Probs best get the internals cleaned and some watch grease applying.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Modded Seiko divers…’ is closed to new replies.