Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mobile pressure washers…buying advice please
  • pintofbestbitter
    Free Member

Owing to some circumstances am now living in a 3rd floor flat, with no ‘outside’ for washing bikes. ARGH.

I’ve spotted a number of portable pressure washers around for bikes, but as no-one I know owns one am reluctant to rush out & spend the ££.

I was thinking of one of the self-powered ones so I can wash bikes in the porch to my flat ( 🙂 ) and take it with me in the car etc.

Suggestions welcome!

goog
    Free Member

get one of these clicky

pintofbestbitter
    Free Member

get one of these clicky

really? They’re good enough to wash bikes?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

I like my original Dirtworker (aka Nomad), but a m8 has a mobi one, not a lot between them, though Nomad/Dirtworker backup support is very good.
    As in my DW is several years old, the nozzle broke, they happily supplied a new type that fit my ‘old’ system. That the kind of support I want from a company, also you get lot of ppl saying they got spares FOC, which is nice.

bigbloke
    Free Member
    stumpy01

I’ve had my Dirtworker for at least 2 years now & it’s still working fine.

I have seen plenty of praise for the customer service, but haven’t had cause to use it.

For me, I don’t need a battery powered version so struggle to see the point. If I want to use it in the back garden or for rinsing the car off while washing it, then I use an extension lead & the 12v power supply for my camping fridge.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

pintofbestbitter – Member

get one of these clicky

really? They’re good enough to wash bikes?!

Yes, spot on..

I bought one of these on Goog’s reccomendation… seems spot on IMHO…Fill it with Hot water, and away you go..

Sorted.

rewski
    Free Member

Teetosugars/goog – is the pressure adequate – on dry mud?

damo2576
    Free Member

Teetosugars/goog – is the pressure adequate – on dry mud?

If you use a decent cleaning product it should be 😉

mudpup
    Free Member

Mobiwasher here – good bit of kit.
    Those garden squirters don’t shift the crap i ride in!

jimmy

just bought one of these. Waiting for it to arrive so will report back, but looks like a bargain to me.

benjag
    Free Member

about £40 total and 25L, now has a std cig plug fitted.

Northwind

Merlin are doing V15s for £80 including a muc-off twinpack, which isn’t an amazing deal but it’s about as good as I could find for a new self-contained 12V power washer

stupot
    Free Member

Big Bloke; How have you found that Laser unit? I was just looking at one of them.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve had Mobi and then Dirtworker. DW is the better of the two (still going, Mobi isn’t)

quickly01
    Free Member

Professional Pressure Cleaning Services, Sydney Australia

Karcher sell cheap pressure washers in Australia.
    Im sure you would be able to find them where you live.
    I use one to clean my mountain bike, works a treat. I can even use it to clean my car.

boblo
    Free Member

I have a brand new Dirtworker still in its box if anyone is interested?

z1ppy

Quickly yep there available cheap over here but you don’t usually get power/water tap available outside a shared property do you (well definitely not @ my old flat), hense the request for a ‘portable’ unit. Also IIRC Karcher (now?) use plastic parts in their pumps which don’t have a great life expectancy

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

get one of these clicky

i had one, it was awful. Replaced with a dirtworker.

dyls

I’d go for a dirtworker as well. I did have another one before, can’t rmember its make, but the connections were very poor and would come off in use. Also don’t take too much notice of the rated pressures, something similar to paper ‘lumens’ and ‘actual’ lumens. In life the two washers I’ve had were very similar in power, although there should have been a difference between them if I looked at the quoted paper pressures.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I use a garden spray. Wet the bike, run a brush over it, rinse clean. It won’t spray the mud off as well as a powered one but use a brush as well and its fine

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Same circumstances. Mobi washer v17 here. Works fine but the battery and charger have packed up so I am just on car adapter. Its ok but a bit of a pain. They sent me a new charger but that just blew as well so guess something internal is dead. CBA. I am thinking of this

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php/Products/Nomad-18-V-Cordless/Nomad-18-V-Jungle/p_7.html

Cheaper here:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nomad-MCOR35-18V-Cordless-Power-Cleaner/4101560/product.html

I found them brilliant on trail centres for washing me, camelbak and bike and gear down. Expensive I know but with the amount I ride essential.

bomba
    Free Member

YGM boblo

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mobile pressure washers…buying advice please’ is closed to new replies.