Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Mobile Pressure Washer-who has one & are they any good?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Been looking into getting a mobile washer both for use at home and when away with the bike.

Read some reviews in What MTB today and the Nomad one gets a good write up there.

Anyone got one and got and recommendations or ones to avoid?

cinnamon_girl

Hmmmm, I was pondering this a while ago. My Dirt Worker has broken and had seen not much use. Current ones are bloomin’ expensive and can’t justify buying one in view of the above experience.

On the other hand, I do miss putting a clean bike in the car. It’s a pita doing it when you get home and just want to jump in the shower!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have a Mobi, works well

gringojimi
    Free Member

Not a Nomad but I got a Mobi for Christmas and have used it almost every weekend.
    I honestly thought it was a gimmick at first but after trying it out, it’s now invaluable.

The missus has also found it useful for washing down her horse at events 😐

Would recommend one to anyone. Great bit if kit.

zangolin
    Free Member

18 volt Nomad for the last 2 years. Has been excellent – not the cheapest but certainly the best made. Looked at the others – no contest. Proper 18v power tool style battery – room for a spare. Removable tank, good quality hose and gun etc.

proberts
    Free Member

I got a Mobi washer when CRC had them on sale, I think it’s great…I can be charged at home or used from the cig lighter in the car, I’ve never used any others so can’t compare it but I’d recommended one!!

Paul

mactheknife

I got a reconditioned Dirtworker from ebay and its an ace bit of kit, holds 18l and works directly from the cigarette lighter.

I was sick of having a gopping bike in the car and i rarely ride trail centres so have limited access to cleaning post ride, so far it has done a great job. Pressure is just how i would would want it, not too powerful but enough to get the job done.

Very impressed so far.

legend
    Free Member

I’ve got the Brand-X one. Good capacity, good pressure, good gun, let down by shitty connectors unfortunately. Think I’m just about to move on to my third hose (in 2 years) as they just fall apart eventually.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m leaning towards the Nomad but the price puts me off….

wwaswas

If you use Ryobi One+ power tools the battery is the same as the Nomad.

They sold me a ‘bare’ unit (no batteries or charger) for a fair bit less than the full price when I got one.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Brand X one here, no battery just works straight off the cig lighter , was on sale in CRC as said above connectors break but I fixed that with a jubilee clip and it is invaluable not only for the bike but also the dogs feet when we have been in the woods and also my walking boots or wellies when I have been fishing or walking
    £60 I paid I think

superfli
    Free Member

You could get a manual pump sprayer like the Hoselock ones:
    http://www.hozelock.com/spraying/sprayers-plus.html

I have an older 5ltr version, which is fine if you take the spray attachment off. I use a brush as well for sticky mud. Only big enough for 1 dirty bike, but they do upto 16ltr versions as well. Cheap and cheerful.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a £30 Lazer Tools one off ebay.

Runs off the cigaret lighter and a seperate water tank. so not quite as convenient as the 18V Mobi, but not a deal breaker as I now just leave a 25ltr tank in my boot, usefull for filling camelpacks etc too (drunk it upto a month old with no ill effects) which means appart from clothes I don’t have to get anything in/out the car between rides. Only change I’d advise is cutting down the power lead to as short as possible, and preferably running it straight off the car battery with the engine running, gives way more power (gets about 14V, as opposed to about 10 it gets from the boot 12V socket).

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I have a Mobi, bought when wiggle where banging them out for £50..

Spotty Dog IMHO.

As I have no outside tap at home, its a godsend.

Well reccomeneded, and worth the outlay IMHO.

cupra
    Free Member

I have a dirt worker that works fine. I also have one of those hand pump plant spray ones and a big bottle of water, that also works well and is a lot cheaper.

simon_g

Had a dirtworker that was in the back of my car when it was stolen. Didn’t think twice about replacing with the current 12v Nomad. Expensive but great company – I thought my Dirtworker had broken, sent it back for them to look at, I think some fuse had just popped out but they’d overhauled it, new seals, etc and sent it back – no charge.

I don’t have an outside tap, so it gets used for pushbikes as well as washing the car and motorbike. Godsend for flat-dwellers.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I don’t have an outside tap either which is one of the reasons I am thinking of getting one. Cigarette lighter use wouldn’t be a problem.

wwwass-unfortunately no Ryobi Power tools at the moment!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I have a mobi, got it when crc had them pretty cheap. Works pretty well and makes the constant cleaning of bikes during the winter (after every ride for me) a bit less of a chore.

It is still a chore all the same, just a bit less!

Northwind

I’ve got the old Mobi. It’s fine- rather low powered tbh but up to the job.

JPcapel
    Free Member

I’ve had the Nomad for 3 yrs now.
    Would echo comments by above by zangolin.
    After 3 winters worth of solid use, the washers on the hose connection wore out and failed where it connects the hose to the Nomad unit.
    I called Nomad who sent out spares free of charge and couldn’t have been better on customer service.
    Its well made, the battery holds a decent length of charge, contains 14litres enough for 2 bikes to get cleaned properly, I use it all the way through winter and it keeps the bikes in better health as the mud is always washed off come the end of a ride.
    Highly recommended.

surreyhillsmtber
    Free Member

Had a Mobi for over 3 years, great piece of kit. I transport my bike in the car and keep it in my flat (where there’s no outdoor tap) so it’s essential! One rinse to get most of the crud off, spray with muc off (use a brush if really dirty, then final rinse off. Sometimes towel it dry before putting in the boot.

legend
    Free Member

mattzzzzzz – Member
    Brand X one here, no battery just works straight off the cig lighter , was on sale in CRC as said above connectors break but I fixed that with a jubilee clip and it is invaluable not only for the bike but also the dogs feet when we have been in the woods and also my walking boots or wellies when I have been fishing or walking
    £60 I paid I think

[hijack]remove the grey collar and jubilee clip around what’s left?
    [/hijack]

mashiehood
    Free Member

have a mobi, bought when wiggle had them cheap. Its been great. Just dont leave it in the shed when its below freezing.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

For legend- sorry about the thread hijack

It was the gun end, it had broken off but the plastic part was stepped so I filed it down until the hose would slip on,I put the hose in a mug of boiling water first to ensure it was pliable

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks for all the posts folks. Plenty to think about.

Leaning towards a Nomad-just need to decide if I need the Li-Ion batteries over the NiCad versions…

wwaswas

[actually, best not]

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

had the mobi v15 sold it to a mate, now got the cordless v18 – which is mint! love being able to just pick it up etc, plenty powerful enough for me had frozen/dried mud on for a week came to clean it after another messy/muddy ride and with a bit of wet first from the mobi, then apply some rhino goo leave for a few mins and spray off with mobi = spotless!

i got one cheap in the CRC sale

mobi have gone bust though, but obviously CRC have taken over the remaining stock so may be an issue for spares once they are out of stock of stuff 🙁 just hope if mine breaks it does it within the first year, but its been spot on so far…

ive also got a little 2ltr hozelock pump action one, which is fine for summer but struggles both capacity wise and power wise come winter…

the nomad looks the best built from what ive seen, but its absolutly stupid money TBH, id pay 125 absolute top whack for it, its far to overpriced imo

wwaswas

I think Nomad have a big market with the horsey set so ‘money no object’ is the order of the day.

The build quality and materials are first rate, though, so it’s not all fluff.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i dont honestly doubt they are made well but seriously £220 for the cheapest cordless one?!?!? thats a hell of a lot of money for whats essentially just a water carrier with a pump/battery & hose…..

id have never bought the mobi cordless one TBH at full price, but i coudlnt resist getting one for 80quid off CRC, but i think thats about all they should be worth, £220 is mental for a portable washer….

id rather just wait and get home to use the hose than do that, i appreciated some people obviously cant do that, but still….

and im not knocking the product, its looks well constructed in the flesh and the back up seems good, but just another case of charge what we like as some mtb/horse freaks will pay it

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Pressure Washer-who has one & are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.