Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mobile phones – are you deaf?
  • Cougar

I said, ARE YOU DEAF?!

Why oh why oh why (etc) do people have to have their phone ringers so ear-splittingly loud? Usually with some toss ringtone that’s barely identifiable due to the speaker distorting like mad. It’s one thing being able to hear your phone when it rings, another when it’s audible in the next Time Zone.

I used to work with a guy who’d recorded his toddler going “daddy, the phone’s ringing!” and set it as his ring tone. Cute the first time it rings, but he had a habit of leaving his phone on the desk with the ringer turned up to 11, and the ringback set for his answerphone. So after his first missed call of the morning it’d ring constantly every ten minutes, until someone accidentally took his phone apart and hid its component parts around the office. After two weeks I’d cheerfully have thrown the bastard in the canal. And the phone.

And now, I’m sat in the kitchen at work, and there’s a woman on the next table texting furiously with the keyclick sound at full whack. It sounds like someone’s emptied a bag of marbles into the sink. WHY?! It’s in your hand, you’re looking at the damn thing, why do you need audible feedback that would drown out a Model M keyboard? Grr, argh.

Yours, Irritated of Tunbridge Wells Accrington.

Liftman

And breathe

Cougar

*click*
    *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*
    *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*
    *click* *click* *click*
    *click* *click* *click* *click*

And now she’s deleting what she’s typed by holding ‘delete’ down.

*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK*

Argh! Hulk smash!!

joao3v16
    Free Member

It is a well-known fact that women are totally unaware of their own noise …

EDIT: and a lot of people are unaware of the concept of “other people”

bigyinn
    Free Member

Haptic feedback should negate the need for any button clicks. Almost as annoying as non-smart Samsung phones which made a noise for everything that the phone did.

nealglover
    Free Member

You could ask her to mute the clicks as it is a bit annoying ? (And show her how if she doesn’t know)

There is a slight chance she might not actually read this thread, and if that turns out to be the case, then the problem will persist.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

brooess
    Free Member

sadly modern life seems to make it easier for the rude, inconsiderate and ignorant to have an impact on other people…

all you can do is breathe and do yoga I’m afraid…

CountZero

D_K, excellent, I loved the Grrr-arrrg end-credits on Buffy!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I used to work with a guy who’d recorded his toddler going “daddy, the phone’s ringing!” and set it as his ring tone.

I used to work with someone who recorded his newborn son’s wailing as a ringtone. He was quite pleased that it annoyed people.

Flaying would have been too good.

oldnick

Modern society dictates that being annoying is fine, whereas mentioning it is not. Thus all you can do is seethe, safe in the knowledge that the ensuing heart attack will cut short the misery inflicted by these people.

HTH 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww6nCumD258[/video]

crazy-legs

Top quality rant, good work.
    And +1 for everything you said.

I’ll add to it the people who talk on the mobile at a volume of 11. Shouting doesn’t help you utter morons!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I knew of one office where if your phone rang out you got the cakes in for everyone.

In the office, mobile with you or on silent/vibrate

joolsburger
    Free Member

My ringtone is the Tarzan yell, I like watching things burn too.

br
    Free Member

If you think that my ringtone is loud, you should wait to hear how loud I am when I talk on it…

chewkw
    Free Member

Well … their customised ring tone is to let everyone knows they have special ring tone … look at me! look at me! I have a ring tone. LOOOk!

mulv1976
    Free Member

We had a bloke in the waiting room the other day who actually phoned someone on loudspeaker then proceeded to shout at them for ten minutes holding the phone horizontally in front of his mouth. Wtf is that all about? Utter tool.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I used to work with someone who recorded his newborn son’s wailing as a ringtone. He was quite pleased that it annoyed people.

Flaying would have been too good.
    In this case replacing it with a chorus of the office recording “Hi My Name is [name] and I’m a BELL END!”

TheBrick
    Free Member

castration is too good for them. I hate annoying mobile phones.

Pigface
    Free Member

Moderator problems 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phones – are you deaf?’ is closed to new replies.