Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mobile Phone Upgrade
  • kevster
    Free Member

My iPhone 3GS, which is currently on a sim only deal, has developed an annoying line in the LCD’s (or whatever they are!). Therefore looking to upgrade. Like the IOS hoever tempted to give Android a go, however dont like the idea of a 2 year contract for somthing I may not like? What are the main differences between the two and what phones should I be looking at?

sadexpunk

spose it depends what youre after in a phone really mate. you either buy into the apple thing or not. have you got loads of other stuff that syncs with your phone, if so you might be best of sticking with all things apple.

myself, i dont buy into it and think its overpriced for what it is, just cos its apple. ive had a htc desire HD for ages now, rooted it and love trying different roms on it even tho its probably a bit dated now. my current rom is ice cold sandwich…..
    htc currently are doing the ‘one’ series, one X, one V, one S. i wouldnt bother with the V, but the S is good, and the X is top of the tree if you like the bells and whistles.

think you get more versatility to try stuff with htc and to me, its as good as apple but far less cost.

kevster
    Free Member

Cheers for the response, I guess the build quality on HTC and Samsung is still good enough that it will come out of a two year contract still being in fairly good nick and working order?

kevster
    Free Member

Oh, I dont really sync much with the iphone to be honest. I use itunes for my music and synch that across but dont use icloud.

jota180
    Free Member

I guess the build quality on HTC and Samsung is still good enough that it will come out of a two year contract still being in fairly good nick and working order?

Depends, my daughter destroys phones in around 5 or 6 months, iPhone, Defy, S3 – she’s done the lot 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I have a HTC One S and it does everything I need. Memory isn’t the biggest about 12 gig. But the Camera is better than partner IPhone 4s the screen is clearer and this feels nicer in my hands.
    Battery life I have had a full day and a bit more out of it.

It’s really good at 3D games I have Dead space and Grand theft auto 3 on it.

kevster
    Free Member

The One S seems like a cracker of a phone and you can get it on 3 for £19/month 24 month contract.

kevster
    Free Member

jota180 – How old is she? I’m fairly careful with my phones and it will be in a case.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Most contracts now seem to be 2 years.

If you like the 3 I suggest you look at 4S as an outright purchase. I like the 5 (wished I waited for one) but people I know think it’s too light. If you like iOS and the Apple product I’m not sure why you’d change TBH unless it’s driven by price considerations (which is fair enough of course)

kevster
    Free Member

Price is a consideration, most seem only a few quid less than an iphone which is nether here nor there. Samsung Galaxy S3 is a about £6/7 cheaper which adds up over two years!

TPTcruiser

Moto Razr maxx XT910 here, huge battery, 4.04 ICS, 18 months with £100 up front for £16/month. Charge every three days like my Defy but with bigger screen and more stuff turned on.

sadexpunk

The One S seems like a cracker of a phone and you can get it on 3 for £19/month 24 month contract.

exactly what my wifes just got 😀

kevster
    Free Member

Sadexpunk – is your wife happy with the phone? Woukd it be a big improvement on the 3GS?

sadexpunk

she loves it, but has only come from a basic desire. never used an iphone, so i cant comment really on the 3Gs. spose it all depends what you use it for. we’re pretty much just phone, texts, internet, camera and music really, nothing too fancy, but it does everything we want and more if needed.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

+1 for moto razr maxx – charged last night as down to 35%, last charge was Friday night – been polling emails all the time (airplane mode at night), some browsing, etc.

£26 a month for 2 years, free phone, £288 back through redemption, 300 mins, unlim texts, 750Mb data.

Got some gunk on the screen the other day – put some soap on it and ran it under the tap…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phone Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.