Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mobile phone signal boosters….
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I live in a very thick walled cottage in the middle of nowhere, subsequently no/very little signal can be picked up even on the latest born again variant of the iJesus phone 2020.

So what about these: http://www.celfi.co.uk

If they work great news, but I don’t fancy picking up a £5000 fine if they’re not legal??

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

wasn’t there something called a PICO cell sold under various names by Vodaphone I think , plugs into your home router as an alternative for when you can’t get signal. Rural Areas or, if your on Tmobile just about everywhere.

imnotamused
    Free Member

What network are you on? I got a free one from the Vodafone shop and it works a treat.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Got a free one from 3 because of poor/nonexistent signal in vIe house. Hooks up to your broadband, assuming you have broadband in the sticks, but uses very little data apparently.

MrNutt
    Free Member

tell me more of this free voda thing, I have voda on my work phone!

geoffj

Colleague has a t mobile / orange / ee repeater thing (not the same as the voda plug in ones) and its not very good.

moonwrasse
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/businesstechnology/9098754/Review-Vodafone-Sure-Signal.html
    I got mine free from vodafone. Great device. Full signal now no problems

richc
    Free Member

It’s called a suresignal, and it plugs into your adsl router and then you have to register your mobile number each supports 6 or so devices (that way only you can use it)

Had one for a while and it just works, especially when moving out of range of it and into range of the a mobile phone mast

I used to work for the company that made the microchip in 90 % of these things.

tonyg2003

Yep I’ve got a Vodaphone SureSignal (my and the Missus work+home phones). Works great. Loads of signal all the time. Just plugged into my broadband.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone signal boosters….’ is closed to new replies.