Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mobile phone repeaters help
  • geoffj

Anyone have any experience of these – http://www.mobilerepeatershop.com/Orange_and_T-Mobile_1800MHZ_Mobile_Phone_Signal_Repeater,_Booster/p448878_1613005.aspx

I thought I’d seen something that plugged into a broadband connection and used that instead, but I may have imagined it.

TIA

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Vodafone do their own broad band one, think it’s the sure signal or something

geoffj

Thanks paulosoxo!

Liftman

I have the 900mhz version of the unit in your link and which i have in our office, if i switch it off i get no signal at all where i sit in the office, with it on i get a good 3 or 4 bars.
    The main unit in the picture goes in the room you want the signal, there is an aerial you need to mount outside.

Stoner
    Free Member

geoff – I have a sure signal. Got it for free from voda after my new contract with them and my phone being gash at home.

Works well usually, although there were substantial server downtimes in the early days.

It gives you 3G/HSDPA connection in your home, converts it to IP and than bangs it down your own BB connection.

I have mine running wired off a wifi repeater in the middle of the barn for best penetration.

geoffj

Stoner thanks for that. It’s for one of my people who lives in the wilds of sunny Yarkshire. I reckon we should ditch the T-Mobile contract and go with the vodafone option – £125 for the repeater + antenna installation is too much hassle.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Plus the fact that they’re illegal to operate without a license. I looked into one for my house, but in the end just switched to a network that did give reception. As you say – £150 is a bit much really.

Drac

I have a Vodafone sure signal received it on Friday, what a pile of crap just constantly reconfigures itself.

Stoner
    Free Member

drac – give it sometime to calm itself down. It does get better.
    Double check that your registration is all set up though.

Its a very tricky function to get fixed. In fact I gather O2 and Tmobile binned their own development of something similar because the linking of all the comms systems together was such a ball ache.

Its not ideal, but its has been a good fix for us. And we havent had any down time for 6months now (except when I f****** with the router 😉 )

mrchrispy

Tried em with work, they muller the power.
    Switch it on and watch the meter spin.

Drac

drac – give it sometime to calm itself down. It does get better.
    Double check that your registration is all set up though.

Some time? It’s been 4 days now and yes all checked, firewalls checked, reset, rebooted I’ve tried it all.

Stoner
    Free Member

My sure signal draws 5.4W.

I know Im sad, but I know how much juice every appliance in my house draws when on or in standby 🙁

Drac

Oooh cheers Stoner I’ll take a look.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Tried em with work, they muller the power.
    Switch it on and watch the meter spin.

Dodgy cheap one? I’d be looking out for that – shouldn’t be drawing much power at all, nothing in it requires more than a few watts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone repeaters help’ is closed to new replies.