Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mobile Phone Psychosis?!
  • jekkyl

Have you seen the state that some people get into staring at their mobile phones, like in a trance, not so much blankly but more like an involved stare, it needs a name, how about ‘mobile psychosis?’ It’s a cultural marker for the 21st Century! I’m guilty myself but sometimes it’s eerie how everyone walks about staring at their phone all the time! Strange are the people also who are not able to walk & text/surf/fb at the same time, you see them sometimes on a curb or in a mall or train station stood absolutely stock still entranced by the dazzling lights in their hands.

maccruiskeen

How does it differ from starring at a book or a newspaper. It’s quite difficult to be still in a public space without something to do. People tend to need to have something to do, otherwise resting or waiting feels like loitering. Having something to direct your attention at also deflects conversations with nutters.

Houns

I can sense when I’m about to get a text! 😯

wwaswas

Having something to direct your attention at also deflects conversations with nutters.

*pretends to be reading text on mobile*

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

especially the creepy wierdos who stare at you while you use your phone 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Have you seen the state that some people get into ranting about what other people, random strangers, do with their time, it needs a name, how about ‘STW psychosis?’ It’s a cultural marker for the 21st Century! I’m guilty myself but sometimes it’s eerie how everyone walks about staring at strangers all the time! Strange are the people also who are not able to walk & not comment about what other people are doing at the same time, you see them sometimes on a curb or in a mall or train station stood absolutely stock still entranced by the actions of others.
    OMG, I just HAAAAAVE to post this on twitter, facebook, stw

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Best you read this then

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind but the phoners don’t stand still as they interact with their devices. They keep on walking, wrapped up in their own little world, and it’s up to we who remain connected to the real world to avoid them.

fasthaggis

Have you noticed how some people stare at computer screens,it’s like they are in a different world 🙂

jekkyl

lol. It was just last night I was out on a ride, it was maybe about 9.45 totally dark of course, then up some road I passed a teenager in a hoody stood at a curb staring at his phone, he wasn’t at a bus stop or near a shop, just stood in the middle of nowhere doing fb or whatever, don’t you think that’s odd?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

He was waiting.

….waiting for you to pass and report your location & heading. There will have been others, maybe you didn’t notice them? You’re a marked man now. Obscure things will start appearing in your garden and a grotesque giant killer rabbit will watch you as you sleep.

…it’s only just begun

martymac

+1 for avoiding random conversations with nutters, if i have to use my mobile to avoid hearing some smackanory then so be it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m guilty myself but sometimes it’s eerie how everyone walks about staring at their phone all the time!

I did this yesterday a bit. I was in a new area of a city and was using Google Maps to find my way.

People do stand about using their phones, but that’s cos people are talking to them via their phones. Not that different to standing around talking to someone in real life, except that you aren’t always with a friend.

I too was riding home the other day and almost hit a chav kid crossing the road. He was too wrapped up in talking to his gf, who was with him. Tch. We should ban girlfriends, they’ll cause an accident one day.

then up some road I passed a teenager in a hoody stood at a curb staring at his phone, he wasn’t at a bus stop or near a shop, just stood in the middle of nowhere doing fb or whatever, don’t you think that’s odd?

Hang on – so you complain when people walk along texting or FBing, then you also complain when they stop to answer a text or message? Can’t win!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Whenever I use my phone, I hear voices…

jekkyl

I’m not complaining about anything or anyone, everyone can do what they like, just observing the human race.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phone Psychosis?!’ is closed to new replies.