Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mobile Phone Networks…do they entice you back ala Sky?
  • smogmonster

I’m looking for a new phone, probably a Galaxy S8 or a Huawei Mate 10 Pro, both of which are on decent deals with Three, who ive been with for at least 10 years, or Vodafone. Both phones require an upfront cost, about £50. Looking at Quidco i could £65 cashback. So i rang Three, explained this, and simply asked for them to drop the £50 upfront and i’ll buy the phone on the spot. They wouldnt, or couldnt do it. I explained that they’ll be forking out even more if i quit and come back etc, but they were not playing. So ive told them to stick it and ive given them the 30 days notice required. Will they come back with a better offer like Sky do mwhen you quit them, or do they not give a hoot? Like i say ive been with them for years so havent a clue how it works.

ourmaninthenorth

Will they come back with a better offer like Sky do mwhen you quit them, or do they not give a hoot? Like i say ive been with them for years so havent a clue how it works.

It’ll cost them way more to recruit a replacement customer when you leave than by dropping the price by £50.

That said, you onyl get the best offers when you get through to the loyalty/retentions teams (those agents have more/better offers to play with). However, if you’re already not very profitable (i.e. regularly change your phone) they may not chase you.

You’ll find loads of offers come January.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Not in my experience.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not in my experience.

Exactly this

scotroutes

I was with Vodafone then was offered a better deal, still on Vodafone, by CPW. When the SIM switching request arrived at Vodafone they called me to offer an even better deal than CPW had.

maccruiskeen

On a Sim only deal we just got enticed back – With EE because thats the only really signal we get in our house. Had a look at some of the piggyback-resellers of EE’s network and because we’re with plusnet for our BB we could get nearly double the data for half the price

Signed up with plus net – sim arrived next day – called EE for a PAC code and was offered a bit more data for the same price (as in half the price we were on or that was being offered to new customers) to stay.

So that retention was obviously worth their while and we’re now only paying then £8 a month.

ac282

EE did the same for me.

verses

I also had that with EE about 12 months ago, I need to call up soon to see whether they’ll match the latest Plusnet deals for me.

Worth pointing out that about 2 months into my 12 months, they upped the prices by about 50p. But I felt the benefits of staying with EE over PN were worth it so didn’t move.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phone Networks…do they entice you back ala Sky?’ is closed to new replies.