Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mobile phone endoscope.
  • Ambrose

This ad just appeared on my FB.

I’m intrigued, and wondering if anyone has any experiences of something like this. I’m a biology teacher and I figure that it would be cool to have the pupils use it to look inside sheep’s heart/ lungs during dissections.

Wireless Endoscope WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera for iPhone & Android, Waterproof

teethgrinder

Ambrose – Member
    I’m a biology teacher and I figure that it would be cool to have the pupils use it to look inside sheep’s heart/ lungs during dissections.

Aye, right…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gross.

What’s the real reason to use something like that ?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Someone from another form bought one of these and the results look good, especially for the money.

Northwind

I keep meaning to get one, it could be very useful for mechanicking. Though it’d only be a matter of time til I got drunk and really curious about what the inside of my arse looked like, to be fair.

km79
    Free Member

Also useful for sliding under doors to check rooms for baddies/hostages before you enter and **** the place up.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Bought it from gearbest or dx iirc. Was very cheap but works well. Reasonable picture. Worth a punt.

kayak23

I bought one when I was drilling into a ceiling and worried about hitting wires and shit.
    I also have used it to check out a painful area near the back of my teeth.
    It’s dead handy.

woody21
    Free Member

…and no reference to Picolax

midlifecrashes

That would have saved us taping my phone to a bungie cord, putting it in video record mode then dangling it down the back of my mates Freelander engine while he topped the water up to see where the leak was. Took about four takes before we got the right angle to be useful.

tthew

Oh, I like those. That’d be one of those tools not often used, but absolutely invaluable when needed.

Is the cable, or at least the last few inches of it, posable so it can be pointed in a fixed direction?

midlifecrashes

It is if you own some wire and leccy tape.

tthew

I thought heat shrink tubing would be a neater solution, but yeah, that had occurred to me. Thanks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Northwind I have had a cancer screening, the pictures aren’t that exciting even after all the laxtatives they give you.

lightman
    Free Member

I got a cheap one like that, spent nearly an hour using it to help unblock my mates sink that had a bottle cap in it.
    It was hard to do as it was a few feet away around a bend and had to bend a coat hanger at the correct angles to hook it, but it work and he is very happy.

Worth buying for that time when you may need it.

Ambrose

It arrived yesterday and has already been put into action to investigate various places. I comes with a magnet, a hook and a mirror too. It’s a shame about the software, it’s so full of crap that Firefox won’t allow it on the laptop. Any suggestions?

CraigW
    Free Member

Does it work as a generic USB webcam? You could try Webcam Viewer, it is pretty simple.
    http://www.bustatech.com/webcamviewer/

IA

VLC (videolan) will almost certainly open the stream from it (does for mine)

LeeW

I have one, I use it at work quite often for looking in panels etc. it saves me having to put my head in there.

thenorthwind

I wish these had been around the weekend I spent under my old car, dangling a magnet in a plastic bag on the end of a bit of wire through the half inch gap between my engine block and sump, trying (and eventually succeeding I have to add) to extract the end of a sump plug.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone endoscope.’ is closed to new replies.