Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mobile phone deals. Resellers v Network providers?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Mrs bluearsedflys contract is up and shes due an ‘upgrade’.

It ‘has’ to be an iPhone 7 in black and it ‘has’ to be on EE or O2 with 3gb of data or more.

Looking at uSwitch she can have one with unlimited texts/minutes/5gb of data from someone like Affordable Mobiles for £36 pm

Or,

The same deal with O2 for £50 pm, both with £60 up front for a new phone. Having always gone direct is there any disadvantage dealing with a reseller and how do they manage to undercut the network providers?

Cheers.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Anyone?

jb72
    Free Member

Assuming she is out of contract or in the last month … start by ringing current provider and request her PAC. Speak to their ‘loyalty’ dept. and tell them I can get a much better deal at Affordable Mobiles etc.

If they won’t match / beat it then leave!

dannybgoode

The networks offer resellers a kickback which they funnel through to you in various guises.

The networks in return tend to offer direct customers better deals in terms of add-ons, minutes and data allowances, early upgrade/upgrade options etc.

6 of one half a dozen of the other really.

I tend to go direct these days…

riddoch

The only time I’ve had a problem was when 4g was introduced. I went for Orange via carphone warehouse, then accepted an offer to transfer to EE but it turned out the handset was not 4g compatible. If I had gotten it direct from Orange it would have been.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone deals. Resellers v Network providers?’ is closed to new replies.